Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Recover as mothballed  (Read 1117 times)

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Recover as mothballed
« on: April 10, 2021, 03:14:21 PM »

Often when recovering ships I find that I don't have enough crew to staff them so I'll immediately pause and mothball them before they can cause a CR decay for the rest of my fleet. I'd like to have them marked as mothballed after recovery. Or am I missing some key combo?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Recover as mothballed
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 03:50:00 PM »

You cannot use some abilities while a ship is mothballed.  Also, unless I cannot support the ship, I prefer to start repairs immediately and not mothballed a ship, especially if the ship was one of mine I just lost in battle (because I want it back in action as soon as possible).

KarakuriShogun

• Ensign
  • "They killed my Warden again!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 04:28:17 PM »

That would be useful! a "Recover as Mothballed if crew under-strength " toggle would be so nice~

now I make do with the "pause after battle" and fast F presses after derelict salvages, but that idea would be a very welcomed QOL change.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 01:23:09 AM »

You cannot use some abilities while a ship is mothballed.  Also, unless I cannot support the ship, I prefer to start repairs immediately and not mothballed a ship, especially if the ship was one of mine I just lost in battle (because I want it back in action as soon as possible).

Oh sorry, I mean that as a sort of toggle or maybe an additional dialog after recovery "you don't have the crew to man the recovered ships, mothball? y/n"

Carabus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 03:56:05 AM »

I would like that game stays paused after recovering wrecks (similarly as it is paused after combat) so that I can switch to fleet screen and mothball them immediately, before CR on other ships starts dropping due to undercrewing, and costing me valuable supplies later.

Ad Astra

• Captain
  • Are Reapers strawberry flavored?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 03:18:04 PM »

Maybe defaulting recovery to mothball when supplies and crew are insufficient, default recovery to normal when they are enough.
That would minimize player micromanaging, no silly accidental CR loss, and no having to enable your recovered ships every time a battle ends.
You can park your spaceship anywhere you want if you get along with pirates