Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.96a] Stellar Networks 3.1.3 - information at your fingertips  (Read 252154 times)

Xzaven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Stellar Networks 1.2.1 - collection of intel boards
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2021, 02:45:15 PM »

Hey, first of all thanks for adding all the options to search for stuff being sold everywhere.

When using the market viewer to look at ships being sold, the sort options don't seem to work correctly though. There are ships that don't seem to be sorted into a category of warship/carrier/civilian, so searching for any of these types is hard when it is cluttered with the non sorted ones.

I do have other mods running, so I hope it's not a conflict causing this. There are mainly vanilla ships causing the issue though.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2021, 02:28:21 PM »

The warship filter is not in the best state. I actually noticed the same (on vanilla only) and had to remove it from 1.3.0. Basically, what's left if you disable "Carriers" and "Civilians" is a "Warship". So keep it on. I will reimplement it as a negation of sum of those two filters in 1.3.1.

Having said that, the release candidates for Stelnet 2.0.0 are being posted on Discord. Here's how new Market Query will end up looking like:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 02:46:30 PM by Jaghaimo »

Operative85

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2021, 11:23:19 PM »

Made an account just to say thank you for making this mod. The update has been fantastic. Browsing the markets has never been so easy. IDK if this was in the old version, but the convenience that the "Viewer" and "Map" buttons gave me after making a Market Query compelled me to make this small thank you post. Thanks again, and have a great rest of the year!

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Stellar Networks 2.0.0 - collection of intel boards
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2021, 02:18:47 PM »

PSA: Stelnet 2.0.0 is currently IN CONFLICT with Arma Armatura and Starpocalypse mods. Please do not use it together with any of those.

Stellar Networks 2.0.0 is out. Initially planned as 1.3.0, this release took me 5 months to finish and essentially became a full-mod rewrite. 442 files modified and almost 17,000 lines of code changed speaks for itself. Enjoy.

Not save compatible. Safe to update *IFF* you uninstall the mod first (see stelnet.json.dist).

Download: https://github.com/jaghaimo/stelnet/releases/download/2.0.0/stelnet-2.0.0.zip

Features:
  • Query board rewrite. New "List Queries" view. New, UI based "Add a New Query" view which replaces old dialog-based interaction.
  • Queries: Item and ship selection is now built based on faction knowledge of designs (was based on item and ship availability in 1.x).
  • Queries: Mercenary officer search. New filters like "Design Type" for items and ships and "Built-in Hullmods" and "D-Mods" for ships.
  • Queries: New open-ended queries for items and ships. Targeted queries (where specific items or ships are selected) no longer unwrap into multiple queries with one item / ship per query.
  • Query board previews entities that match a query (both for queries shown in "List Queries" tab and the currently being defined query in "Add a New Query" tab).
  • Query and Viewer boards behaviour change. By default, both will now use Open and Military Markets only. Changeable in stelnet.json.
  • Query results can now be grouped By Market or By System. An option to disable grouping (1.x behaviour) will come a later time.
  • Query results display matches per market, and come with convenience buttons "Map" and "Viewer" that show market on the map and show market in the Viewer accordingly.
  • General UI refresh. All boards and intel look more similar to vanilla UI.

Technical changes:
  • Query deduplication. Will, mostly reliably, avoid adding a new query that is identical to an already defined one.
  • All strings are fully externalized (data/config/stelnet/strings.json). We are almost ready for September, 19th.
  • Add transient, auto-invalidating caching for market lookups and other query components (less UI lag, cache is build during UI interaction, and is removed as soon as game is unpaused).
  • Add automatic refresh of market contents via transient listener. Removes occasional lag on Query board open caused by the need to refresh all markets. Every frame, one random market gets refreshed if it wasn't in the last 30 days. Causes no performance impact.

Limitations:
  • Button text size is currently being guestimated. Requires Starsector 0.95.1 to be accurately calculated.
  • Viewer button in result intel stops working when docked at a market. Potentially fixed in 0.95.1 (pending verification).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 03:32:19 AM by Jaghaimo »

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2021, 05:03:37 PM »

Tried 2.0.0 out on a new game to test out the new features and I get major lag whenever on the regular campaign screen (not a menu). Tested back and forth between 1.2.1 and 2.0.0 with new saves each time and it goes from constant 60fps on the former to around 30-40 on the latter. MagicLib, LazyLib and GraphicsLib are all up to date.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2021, 11:30:03 PM »

Thanks for the report. Are you using JRE 8 by any chance? And are you using tweaked vmparams from Discord (if yes, which flavour)?

I will be issuing a fix today that disables auto market refresh.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2021, 01:28:36 AM »

vmparams haven't been touched, as for JRE is there a way to check? I haven't changed the one that came with SS.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2021, 02:00:41 AM »

Are you on Discord by any chance? If so, do send me a PM. If not, send me one via forums and we'll get that fixed. Oh, and were you using Starpocalypse as well?

Edit: The root cause has been found - Stelnet's market updater was triggering Starpocalypse's submarket changer (moving items and ships around, damaging ships), which was adding more operations than I initially wanted to do in one frame. Releasing version 2.0.1.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 05:13:00 AM by Jaghaimo »

GreeM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2021, 07:56:52 AM »

Just a little thought i had. Say i want 2 different weapons so i add both to a search, then ill go for the first set of weapons when that done i would love to be able to edit the weapon search so i can edit them out so the 2nd set of weapons is the only ones on the search. Would this be possible to implement?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2021, 08:47:10 AM »

Just a little thought i had. Say i want 2 different weapons so i add both to a search, then ill go for the first set of weapons when that done i would love to be able to edit the weapon search so i can edit them out so the 2nd set of weapons is the only ones on the search. Would this be possible to implement?

Yes, possible and on the roadmap for next versions (edit button takes you to pre-filled add a new query tab, you have "save query" and "select & save" buttons instead).

PSA: Stelnet 2.0.0 is currently IN CONFLICT with Arma Armatura and Starpocalypse mods. Please do not use it together with any of those.

GreeM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2021, 09:48:07 AM »

Yes, possible and on the roadmap for next versions (edit button takes you to pre-filled add a new query tab, you have "save query" and "select & save" buttons instead).

Oof, im running arma armatura and the latest discord RC build of this mod. Whats the problem there? havent noticed anything myself, been playing nonstop since yesterday kinda.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2021, 09:49:29 AM »

Do not use ArmaA specific hullmods for built-in filters (depending on your RC you may not even have it). They will make your save unloadable.

GreeM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2021, 09:52:43 AM »

Do not use ArmaA specific hullmods for built-in filters (depending on your RC you may not even have it). They will make your save unloadable.

Okey then, not that bad of a bug i can play around it :D

Thanks for the heads up dude.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Stellar Networks 2.1.0 - collection of intel boards
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2021, 02:04:26 PM »

Not save compatible. Safe to update *IFF* you uninstall the mod first (see stelnet.json.dist).

New version - 2.1.1 is out. Fixes CME in storage intel removal.

New version - 2.1.0 is out. Various fixes reported in day one.

Quote from: Changelog
- Fix stutters by disabling market updater while unpaused, and making it work only in paused state.
- Allow to fully disable market updater (see `stelnet.json`).
- Fix query and viewer market settings not being read correctly.
- Improve Stelnet-Starpocalypse interaction by avoiding updates to the currently opened market.
- Fix Salvage Gantry (and other hulls with hidden-only mounts) not showing up in preview or results.
- Fix Arma Armatura mod incompatibility (avoid storing hullmods inside a query filter).
- Rename default config file `stelnet.json.dist` to simply `stelnet.json`.
- Create stelnet.log file (located next to starsector.log) with information that might be needed in future debugging.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 05:10:04 AM by Jaghaimo »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Stellar Networks 2.1.1 - collection of intel boards
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2021, 05:56:45 AM »

Contacts update is out!

Changelog:
- New Contacts board - a filterable address book with an ability to directly call the contact. Disables cargo and ships during contact interaction. Newly acquired items and ships are moved to the storage located on the same planet as the Contact. Cannot call the contact that is located on a planet with no storage (very unlikely, could only affect modded markets).
- Simplify query descriptions created with "Select & Search" (do not show redundant filters that were used to filter original selection).
- Vastly simplify open-ended query descriptions by allowing, and staring with, empty filters (can cause initial UI lag on heavily modded game).
- Remove officer level filter and add level to on-hover tooltip instead. Also show officer skills in said tooltip.
- Force storage intel update on game load.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21