Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.96a] Stellar Networks 3.1.3 - information at your fingertips  (Read 250407 times)

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Stellar Networks 1.1.0 - collection of intel boards
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2021, 04:09:11 PM »

So I've been trying to look for a certain two ships in paticular for a little bit but they just don't show up in the market search, the ships being the Revenant and the Phantom.

Do ships just not show up on the search screen if they're not currently in a market to buy or something like that?

Manually applicable D-Mod-like-hullmods, for when blowing ships to hell isn't fast enough

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2021, 04:37:08 PM »

So I've been trying to look for a certain two ships in paticular for a little bit but they just don't show up in the market search, the ships being the Revenant and the Phantom. Do ships just not show up on the search screen if they're not currently in a market to buy or something like that?
Right. You can't find them for sale because no faction sells them. That's normal.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2021, 12:13:07 AM »

Thank you for your mod. It is such a huge QoL change, especially when looking for administrators.
Glad you like it!
Do ships just not show up on the search screen if they're not currently in a market to buy or something like that?
Correct, this current limitations will go away next version. I am revamping how Market searches look like and work (it is the biggest board, and also the last one that uses legacy code). This is coming next release (circa in a month time):
  • Replacing dialog-based query building with New Query tab (results will be in Queries tab).
  • Codex (non-hidden) based weapon and ship search (currently it lists all weapons and ships available in all markets before building selection list)
  • Mercenary officers in staff search.

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2021, 06:33:48 AM »

Right. You can't find them for sale because no faction sells them. That's normal.

Huh, had no idea.

Correct, this current limitations will go away next version. I am revamping how Market searches look like and work (it is the biggest board, and also the last one that uses legacy code). This is coming next release (circa in a month time):
  • Replacing dialog-based query building with New Query tab (results will be in Queries tab).
  • Codex (non-hidden) based weapon and ship search (currently it lists all weapons and ships available in all markets before building selection list)
  • Mercenary officers in staff search.

Good to know at least, thanks  :)

Manually applicable D-Mod-like-hullmods, for when blowing ships to hell isn't fast enough

ian747474

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2021, 04:50:06 PM »

Firstly I would like to say this mod is awesome, keep up the awesome work!

I have two questions for you.

1. In the commodity market there are sometimes yellow lines. What is the meaning behind that? An example of what I'm talking about is number 6 in the picture you posted for the commodity section of this mod.

2. Why are numbers duplicated? In the same picture I was talking about number 3 has the same port of origin but a different sell location.

Thanks

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2021, 12:25:29 AM »

Hi Ian,
Both your questions are regarding Profit tab which is the newest tab added, and still a proof of concept.
Yellow lines means both Buy and Sell location are within the same system. Good for quick profit. This will be explained better once Trade board materializes.

As this feature is piggy-backing on Commodity board it had to adhere to the coding and design of that part. As such, numbers on that board are for Buy markets only - thus duplicated and not ordered numbers showing. Again, this will be improved once profit is moved to its own tab. I will work on it in July, probably.

Rough roadmap:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 03:29:52 AM by Jaghaimo »

Kayse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2021, 10:22:05 AM »

Rough roadmap:
  • August - fleet management and multi-fleet functionality (split your fleet into two or more fleets, change which one you control and issue orders to other, might swap with July). This will get proof of concept first to see if it is viable. Placeholder issue: https://github.com/jaghaimo/stelnet/issues/46
Whoa, that's exciting and major. The would drastically open up the strategy available to players; IE having a supply train 'fleet' that resupplies your main fleet, or splitting your "base cracking" siege fleet from your "fast frigate" fleet. I'm looking forward to see how it works out. :)

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2021, 08:26:40 PM »

multi-fleet functionality (split your fleet into two or more fleets

If this is possible at all it would be groundbreaking. Fingers crossed.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2021, 09:57:15 PM »

This is serious. I hope you succeed.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2021, 02:01:37 PM »

Rough roadmap:

Everything added to the stellar networks boards is cool (although still would be nice to eventually link it to comm relay availability, as intended).  But multi-fleet functionality?  Uber-dope (assuming viability), but it could definitely lead to certain issues where like half a player's fleet gets wiped since they weren't there to direct the battle if the battle was even winnable.  So I guess measuring viability would also require having some minimum level of behavior for the non-player fleet (ie, just hide and evade vs go eliminate pip-squeak patrols vs try to hoover up available nearby salvage economically).  Plus, you would also have to split up cargo/inventory in a controlled manner; hence, all the expensive stuff can get snuck past customs, but you still have to leave enough supplies for your second fleet IN the second fleet (or else have some sort of automatic resupply behavior, as well as automated salvaging behavior).  Food for thought, though perhaps better to just wait and see if Alex ever bothers to just implement it anyway...
I wasn't always a Judge...

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2021, 03:23:23 PM »

Everything added to the stellar networks boards is cool (although still would be nice to eventually link it to comm relay availability, as intended).  But multi-fleet functionality?  Uber-dope (assuming viability), but it could definitely lead to certain issues where like half a player's fleet gets wiped since they weren't there to direct the battle if the battle was even winnable.  So I guess measuring viability would also require having some minimum level of behavior for the non-player fleet (ie, just hide and evade vs go eliminate pip-squeak patrols vs try to hoover up available nearby salvage economically).  Plus, you would also have to split up cargo/inventory in a controlled manner; hence, all the expensive stuff can get snuck past customs, but you still have to leave enough supplies for your second fleet IN the second fleet (or else have some sort of automatic resupply behavior, as well as automated salvaging behavior).  Food for thought, though perhaps better to just wait and see if Alex ever bothers to just implement it anyway...

The day where we can manually control the cargo of each ship will be a glorious one.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2021, 06:05:00 PM »

August - fleet management and multi-fleet functionality (split your fleet into two or more fleets, change which one you control and issue orders to other, might swap with July). This will get proof of concept first to see if it is viable. Placeholder issue: https://github.com/jaghaimo/stelnet/issues/46
I'd love to see an extra fleet that you could assemble yourself and then leave in orbit around your own colony. Make a nice, huge, welcoming committee for any pirate punks that want to raid.

peco5bi11

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Stellar Networks 1.1.4 - collection of intel boards
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2021, 10:17:40 PM »

Coming back to the game after a bit and I'm really liking the idea behind this mod. I just had one question: Are there versions of this that work on 0.9.1a? I looked around a bit and couldn't seem to find any version suggestions on the older releases of this mod. A lot of my favorite mods are still on that version and I'd like to keep on it a little longer. Thanks in advance and best of luck of your future updates.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2021, 03:07:59 AM »

Coming back to the game after a bit and I'm really liking the idea behind this mod. I just had one question: Are there versions of this that work on 0.9.1a? I looked around a bit and couldn't seem to find any version suggestions on the older releases of this mod. A lot of my favorite mods are still on that version and I'd like to keep on it a little longer. Thanks in advance and best of luck of your future updates.

Not this mod specifically (which combines 3 separate mods for 0.9.1a into one). To get the older versions, click mod names in the first post - these are all links to forum threads:
This mod is a continuation of my three 0.9.1a mods - Stellar Logistics, Hyperspace Network, and Galactic Markets.

Klokinator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2021, 07:59:47 PM »

Does Stellar Networks still have the feature to transfer cargo between storages? I cannot find it anywhere.

This is from the old post.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21