Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.96a] Stellar Networks 3.1.3 - information at your fingertips  (Read 250358 times)

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Stellar Networks - handy intel boards
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2021, 07:26:49 AM »

It works! Yay! Thx!

theloathable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2021, 02:31:04 PM »

I love this collection, and it works wonderfully, but golly-goodness I would love a way to disable that intel popup every month telling me to refresh my board. I tried to fiddle with it and just ended up breaking my save. My apologies if I'm just missing something.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2021, 03:10:38 PM »

I love this collection, and it works wonderfully, but golly-goodness I would love a way to disable that intel popup every month telling me to refresh my board. I tried to fiddle with it and just ended up breaking my save. My apologies if I'm just missing something.
    • You need the latest version (3). It will probably break your save unless you run the instructions the author already posted (read the thread)
    • go to setting.json in data/config and change "stelnetWarnAboutEndOfMonth": true, to 'false'
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 03:12:53 PM by IonDragonX »

Starslinger909

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2021, 04:50:12 PM »

I know this is a bit late but if one replaces the old versions (the 3 separate mods) with this mod, the save is no longer usable.

Welp I guess Im stuck not able to search for new ship classes I have pre1 and even removing it causes issues

Starslinger909

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2021, 06:32:18 PM »

To answer both of you, yes it is possible. It requires you to first make a copy of your save, and then edit the copy to remove all XML nodes that have `stelnet` (for new mod) or `hypernet` (for old mod).

Example:
Code
<tracker z="122372" serialization="custom">
<unserializable-parents></unserializable-parents>
<map>
<default>
<loadFactor>0.75</loadFactor>
<threshold>0</threshold>
</default>
<ip>1</ip>
<ip>0</ip>
</map>
<stelnet.commodity.IntelTracker>
<default>
<priceFactory z="122373"></priceFactory>
</default>
</stelnet.commodity.IntelTracker>
</tracker>
You remove:
Code
<stelnet.commodity.IntelTracker>
<default>
<priceFactory z="122373"></priceFactory>
</default>
</stelnet.commodity.IntelTracker>

Goodness this is a lot of work I would have to go through hundreds of lines of code and a lot of these .stelnet things idk if I should be removing them bc some of them are paths and idk its just hard I wish there was an easier way...

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2021, 12:20:59 AM »

I'm sorry it's so complicated. Once you are on pre3 it will be easy via builtin uninstaller.

There is a way to make it easier though, load your save, delete all Market intel queries, disable all commodity trackers and save. Then you will have 2 entries for Listeners, 3 entries for boards, and X entries for storages to deal with.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 12:52:37 AM by Jaghaimo »

skairunner

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2021, 05:37:27 AM »

It helps a *lot* to use xmllint or whatever your favorite tool is to pretty-print the XML.

Starslinger909

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2021, 12:46:03 PM »

It helps a *lot* to use xmllint or whatever your favorite tool is to pretty-print the XML.

That tool doesn't seem to work with browser search for finding stelnet. stuff so idk. Maybe I could send one of you guys the save file for help me fix?

Exempt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2021, 07:14:47 PM »

Please keep making this.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2021, 12:50:31 AM »

That tool doesn't seem to work with browser search for finding stelnet. stuff so idk. Maybe I could send one of you guys the save file for help me fix?
I'll make a small tool to remove almost any mod from a save (in a safeish way, might leave some harmless leftovers like empty systems or unpopulated planets or memory map entries).

Please keep making this.
I am, I'm truly am. This week I'm on holiday with no PC so no code written. Normally, this mod is evolving every day and you can check github commits (and branches) and issues there to see what's planned and needed before 1.0 release. I aim to get a new prerelease every 7-14 days.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 12:57:33 AM by Jaghaimo »

Starslinger909

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2021, 10:28:24 AM »

Would love a program like that that sounds pretty amazing. In the meantime Im willing to send the two XML files over via DM to anyone willing to help me do em bc Im still not finding anything with online XML programs bc goddamnit how hard it it to allow for browser search functions.

Edit: I am currently waiting on playing starsector until I can get some help on this
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 11:00:06 AM by Starslinger909 »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2021, 05:31:41 AM »

Forget all this nonsense. I have released pre1 and pre2 uninstallers today. Before you start - backup your save, just in case.

Depending on which version you had used, download either pre1-uninstaller or pre2-uninstaller, replace "stelnet" folder, load the game and when you save the game the mod shall be removed. Then just install pre3 and load your save. If it does not work, PM me up on Discord (you need to join Unofficial Starsector Discord).

Link: https://github.com/jaghaimo/stelnet/releases/tag/1.0.0-pre3

Making a program like that is put on hold as you can just use vim editor and quickly scrape stuff from it (probably could come up with a sed command to do that as well):
  • Open save in vim
  • Type "/stelnet" and press enter (will find first occurance)
  • Type "dat" in normal mode (deletes everything inside the tag and the tag itself)
  • Press "n" (find next occurance)
  • Press "." (run previous command - "dat" in our case)
  • Repeat with "n" and "." until done
  • Type ":g/^$/d" to remove empty lines you've just created (not sure if needed)
  • Save the file and exit ("wq")
Since vim is like magic for most people, just send me the save. Or better - tell me which version you are using, and I'll make a patched release with uninstall option.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 07:26:56 AM by Jaghaimo »

Starslinger909

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2021, 09:37:52 AM »

Forget all this nonsense. I have released pre1 and pre2 uninstallers today. Before you start - backup your save, just in case.

Depending on which version you had used, download either pre1-uninstaller or pre2-uninstaller, replace "stelnet" folder, load the game and when you save the game the mod shall be removed. Then just install pre3 and load your save. If it does not work, PM me up on Discord (you need to join Unofficial Starsector Discord).

Link: https://github.com/jaghaimo/stelnet/releases/tag/1.0.0-pre3

Making a program like that is put on hold as you can just use vim editor and quickly scrape stuff from it (probably could come up with a sed command to do that as well):
  • Open save in vim
  • Type "/stelnet" and press enter (will find first occurance)
  • Type "dat" in normal mode (deletes everything inside the tag and the tag itself)
  • Press "n" (find next occurance)
  • Press "." (run previous command - "dat" in our case)
  • Repeat with "n" and "." until done
  • Type ":g/^$/d" to remove empty lines you've just created (not sure if needed)
  • Save the file and exit ("wq")
Since vim is like magic for most people, just send me the save. Or better - tell me which version you are using, and I'll make a patched release with uninstall option.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! This is amazing It works beautifully!

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Stellar Networks 1.0.0 - collection of intel boards
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2021, 02:29:50 PM »

Right boys and girls, 1.0.0 is out. Link in the first post. Not compatible with pre1, pre2, pre3 - use uninstallers for pre1 or pre2, or uninstall using pre3 settings before upgrading: https://github.com/jaghaimo/stelnet/releases/tag/1.0.0-pre3

What's new:
  • New config file (stelnet.hjson) and ability to turn specific boards off.
  • New Commodity board tab - Profit. In future versions Profit tab will be expanded into a new Trade board.
  • Massive behind the scenes rewrite of Commodity board handling (boring tech work for most players).
Limitations of Profit tab:
  • Row "ordering" seems random. As the list of table rows is sorted (instead of sorting the initial list of market pairs) it affects their numbers (which are generated based on market position initial list). Numbers should start from 1 and be ascending with no gaps in between.
  • Intel selection row is not capped by the number of unique buy markets (nor by the number of displayed rows). They should correspond to the number of rows (see 1).
  • Small intel is useless. Need more useful info, like buy X at Y, and sell at Z. Potentially hint at owned commodities already (either carrying or in storage). Ideally should track players actions: point at buy market until the player visits it, then start pointing at sell market.
Big shoutout to RealBear#0158 who came up with the idea and contributed initial implementation.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 02:31:58 PM by Jaghaimo »

Rohzdear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Stellar Networks 1.0.0 - collection of intel boards
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2021, 03:35:35 PM »

I keep getting this error message whenever I try launching the game with the mod.

I am running the version of the game the mod asks for, 0.95a-RC15.
After some basic troubleshooting, it seems that Stellar Networks 1.0.0 is incompatible with Nexelerin 0.10.1, which is made for the same versionof Starsector. At least whenever both mods are enabled at the same time the game crashes with that error message.

Thank you for your time and work. This mod is pretty useful so being able to work alongside Nex would be great.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21