Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.96a] Stellar Networks 3.1.3 - information at your fingertips  (Read 250425 times)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Stellar Networks - handy intel boards
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2021, 05:51:27 AM »

was the banking agent yours or someone else's? It was really handy to have a place to separate out capital so you wouldn't accidently spend it.

i like your work, it adds nice options for those who dont want to focus on fighting.
Not mine. I did have an idea of banking tab, where you can invest money for months / cycles. Simple deposits / loans and maybe stock exchange functionality (short and long positions on commodity). Not now though, perhaps in the future.

I know this is a bit late but if one replaces the old versions (the 3 separate mods) with this mod, the save is no longer usable.
New mod = new package, so all old classes are poof.  Also, there was never a 0.95a version for the old mods (other than ad-hoc patched HyperNET 1.7.0-pre). If you ran 0.95a with old 3 mods - continue doing so (and use HyperNET pre-release). If not, run this pre-release.
Do keep in mind that in 1-2 months time when I hopefully finish all planned changes and improvehttps://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/Themes/backnblack_204/images/icons/modify_inline.gifments and release a stable StellNET, the saves WILL break. I will be releasing pre-releases (alphas or betas, however you want to call them) now and then, but each one will be save-incompatible as well (unless it's pre-release that fixes bugs / crashes from the previous one).
Can we please get keyboard shortcut for deleting entry in Commodities section? Also would be nice to have "Delete all" button.
Yes. Added buttons to Issue list, will be in for stable release. To clarify, there will be two buttons - one to remove all intel for currently selected commodity, and one to just remove ALL all. Both will have a shortcut associated with them. Also the Delete button in the intel will get a shortcut.

No ETAs other than a vague 1-2 months ahead. Will be in from some pre-release, still focusing on code refactor after merge.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 04:34:17 AM by Jaghaimo »

koko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2021, 10:01:16 PM »

I don't think the search for staff works, at least as intended. I'm guessing when you find an officer or administrator they stay at the colony you found them at for a couple days before disappearing. So when you search the entire sector for them they all spawn in and if you can't make it to one of the markets within a couple days they all despawn. At least that's what I think. I keep seeing 14 administrators show up in a search and a few days later there's zero. Other than that everything works, great mod.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2021, 02:04:42 PM »

I don't think the search for staff works, at least as intended. I'm guessing when you find an officer or administrator they stay at the colony you found them at for a couple days before disappearing. So when you search the entire sector for them they all spawn in and if you can't make it to one of the markets within a couple days they all despawn. At least that's what I think. I keep seeing 14 administrators show up in a search and a few days later there's zero. Other than that everything works, great mod.
There is a bug (see here) in the admin addition code - their remaining time (on market) is 0 so they despawn the very next day.

Officers seem fine. They stay for at least 60 days (up to 120). Also, there seems to be a blackout period of 30 days / month after initial search, e.g. you dock at the market / issue market search, and no new personnel will show up at affected markets during this blackout period. This is different from cargo / ship search where update happens after a new month (also on dock / market search).
I'll keep on observing this for now though, if you end up with reproducible steps please let me know.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 10:01:42 AM by Jaghaimo »

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2021, 03:49:08 PM »

Is one of your releases safe to remove from an ongoing safe and provides ship, equipment, administrator and officer search functionality?
That feature is so great that I cannot live without it in 0.95 and I assume Stellar Network updates won't be backwards compatible.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2021, 04:27:29 AM »

Can we please get keyboard shortcut for deleting entry in Commodities section? Also would be nice to have "Delete all" button.
Added in the newest pre-release 2 - see OP for link.
  • Fix missing Storage intel (forgot to register a listener).
  • Rework internal of Storage board (same look and feel, 100% different code).
  • Add default shortcut (G) to delete selected Commodity intel.
  • Add "Delete This" (deletes all inter for selected commodity) and "Delete All" (deletes all commodity intels) buttons to Commodity Board.
  • Added mod purge when in dev mode - will remove mod on game load and initialize it again (poor-mans backwards compatibility that does full reset).
Not save-compatible. Might be save-compatible with dev mode turned on.

Is one of your releases safe to remove from an ongoing safe and provides ship, equipment, administrator and officer search functionality?
That feature is so great that I cannot live without it in 0.95 and I assume Stellar Network updates won't be backwards compatible.
There is no functionality to remove old Stellics / HyperNET / Galmart mods from save. If you are running them in 0.95a then keep using them until you are done with it.

I will add an option to remove the mod from a save in the next pre-release. This way you can load a save, remove mod (on old version), update the mod, and continue the save with new version (caveat being you lose your Market searches, and Commodity intel you were observing).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 04:39:30 AM by Jaghaimo »

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 10:51:44 PM »

This should be vanilla functionality. Stellar Networks is up there with Leading Pip and Lightshow in the "mods I automatically add to any playthrough".
Phenomenal mod.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 11:24:29 PM by JDCollie »

dostillevi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2021, 11:17:02 PM »

Super excited for this. I was just lamenting how difficult it was to properly search markets.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2021, 01:11:53 AM »

Super excited for this. I was just lamenting how difficult it was to properly search markets.
Properly is a big word. The game rolls the dice when you dock at the market (populates officers, cargo, ships).  If you visit the same market after a month you will get a new stock of cargo and ships, but not necessarily officers (which got slightly changed this patch). Proper? Well, on each search I do force market update, so pretending a player docked at the market... Wouldn't call it proper, more like a hack.

I have fleshed out the milestones towards a "stable" release - these are visible here. Having said that, those pre-releases are stable from gameplay point of view (no crashes), just might not be "save-compatible" between each other (thus pre-release).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 03:22:57 AM by Jaghaimo »

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2021, 01:22:53 AM »

Having said that, those pre-releases are stable from gameplay point of view (no crashes)

True, this mod doesn't deserve to be tucked in the "Modding" sub-section with how polished and essential it already is. I hope new players aren't missing this gem because they're not looking in this corner.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2021, 07:27:04 AM »

True, this mod doesn't deserve to be tucked in the "Modding" sub-section with how polished and essential it already is. I hope new players aren't missing this gem because they're not looking in this corner.
This is because it is a rewrite of already established mods in 0.9.1a (see main post). I am taking the opportunity presented by the new Starsector version to refactor the code (so it is easier for me to add all the new cool stuff). After I have finished the process I will release 1.0 and move this to main forum section. Until now, it is work-in-progress (and pre-releases).

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2021, 11:51:13 PM »

Can you please add an option to exclude "storage" when searching markets for items? Coz right now my own storages create too much "spam" in the list.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2021, 12:52:38 AM »

Can you please add an option to exclude "storage" when searching markets for items? Coz right now my own storages create too much "spam" in the list.
Readded this as default behaviour and put back the setting to change it (stelnetIgnoreStorageInQueries: boolean (default: true)).

Another pre-release coming today pending final testing. This pre-release represents big, albeit boring and internal shuffle of code. Also welcome first contributor to the mod - RealBear.

Edit: Download pre-release 3 here. NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE. You have been warned.

Edit 2: I have added two uninstallers - one for pre1 and one for pre2, so you can continue with your saves.

Changelog:

Added a bunch of settings, all are in "data/config/settings.json":
  • Added "stelnetDevMode" setting (default: false) that enables more logging and purges boards on load. This is mostly for developers to allow using the same save over and over as they build or modify boards.
  • Added "stellnetUninstallMod" setting (default: false) that removes mod on save. Used to remove mod (duh) and as fallback option when upgrading the mod (uninstall using version you have been playing, upgrade mod, load save; will destroy your queries and tracked Commodity intel).
  • Added "stelnetWarnAboutEndOfMonth" setting (default: true) that can be used to disable end of month / new month notification intel.
  • Added "stelnetIgnoreStorageInQueries" setting (default: true) that ignores storage in market queries.
Enhancements:
  • Shortcuts to Market board control row (A to add new intel, T to toggle queries, G to delete all).
  • Added confirmation prompt to all buttons that delete stuff.
  • Added "Delete This" (currently selected Commodity) and "Delete All" (all commodities) to Commodity board.
  • Change multi-selectable buttons to use (area) checkboxes.
Tech Work:
  • Rebuild Market board using new UI classes.
  • Refactored mod's UI framework. Refactored it again.
  • Added full support for button actions (previously only confirm): onConfirm, onCancel, onPrompt, and hasPrompt.
  • Added AreaCheckbox widget to UI framework. Behaves like ToggleButton but is rendered diffrently.
  • Removed a lot of code that could be auto-generated (see Project Lombok).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 08:12:44 AM by Jaghaimo »

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2021, 11:08:40 AM »

So will there be any way to upgrade 1.0.0-pre1 to latest version in existing save?

Offensive_Name

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2021, 12:00:47 PM »

So I have hyperspace networks installed on my save. Is it possible to remove that and replace it with this without causing issues?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2021, 02:08:55 PM »

To answer both of you, yes it is possible. It requires you to first make a copy of your save, and then edit the copy to remove all XML nodes that have `stelnet` (for new mod) or `hypernet` (for old mod).

Example:
Code
<tracker z="122372" serialization="custom">
<unserializable-parents></unserializable-parents>
<map>
<default>
<loadFactor>0.75</loadFactor>
<threshold>0</threshold>
</default>
<ip>1</ip>
<ip>0</ip>
</map>