Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.96a] Stellar Networks 3.1.3 - information at your fingertips  (Read 250417 times)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Stellar Networks
Information at your fingertips.

Stellar Networks is a quality-of-life oriented mod. It adds six new interactive intel boards: Contacts, Commodity, Exploration, Market Queries (space Google) and Viewer, and Storage. It is a continuation of my three separate 0.9.1a mods - Stellar Logistics, Hyperspace Network, and Galactic Markets.

Contacts board presents a filterable (by priority, by type) list of all your active contacts. Using the board, you can quickly navigate to see each contact's intel details, or directly call the person. All items and ships acquired during the call will be deposited to the Storage of the respective market.
Images

[close]

Commodity board (formerly Galactic Markets) is used to display buying and selling prices among all known markets. It also hosts a Profit tab which can be used to find viable trade routes. Profit tab filters by most profitable routes in descending order and displays routes where:
  • profit margin is at least 10000 credits, and
  • trade volume is at least 100 items.
It also highlights rows when buy and sell markets are in the same system and caps results to first 50.
The above defaults are all configurable in LunaLib settings.
Images

[close]

Exploration mini-board is a small intel based filter tool to quickly show or hide selected intel found in %u201CExploration%u201D tab. Works on intel added by CaptainsLog (will show additional filters).

Market query board (formerly Hyperspace Network) manages market searches. These can be either staff search (e.g. freelance administrator, steady officer, aggressive mercenary), item search (e.g. specific mod-spec or weapon), or ship search (e.g. pristine frigate, d-modded carrier).
Images

[close]
Market Viewer board lets you select a market and preview content of all its legal submarkets.
Images

[close]

By default, both Market boards work with Open and Military Markets only. To enable support for Black or Custom Markets, change settings via LunaLib.

Storage board (formerly Stellar Logistics) displays all cargo and ships stored among all Storages. It allows displaying a unified view to quickly check what is available, and per-location view to find out where.
Images

[close]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 12:16:24 PM by Jaghaimo »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Stellar Networks - handy intel boards
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 02:01:30 PM »

Installation and configuration

This mod is safe to add to an existing save.

To configure the open LunaLib menu (F2 by default). This mod can be added to an existing save - just enable it in the mod list and load the save.

Uninstalling the mod

This mod can be removed from an existing save:
  • Prior to 3.1.0 edit `stelnet.json` file and set "uninstallMod" to true. From 3.1.0 and onwards use LunaLib.
  • Load your save, save the game, and quit it. From 2.5.0 you will get a message confirming successful uninstallation.
  • Disable the mod and verify you can load the game.
  • You can either continue like this, or update the mod.

Until version 2.6.0 you NEED to open intel UI and deselect Stelnet intel if it is currently selected PRIOR TO SAVING.

Translating the mod

The best way to translate this mod is to create a new mod that loads after Stelnet (say, with id "stelnet-translation") with the following structure:

Code
data/config/tag_data.json  # tag names in Intel UI
data/l10n/                 # strings used in the mod
mod_info.json              # the usual content, no need for mod plugin

Where the relevant JSON files are copied from the Stelnet mod.

Mod integration

Check data folder and various CSV files. For example: merging CSV files that are used to define market exclusion lists are found in data/exclude/market_*.csv.

If more fine-tuning is needed, reply to this thread, and I'll add more options to play with.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 04:19:41 AM by Jaghaimo »

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 08:45:59 PM »

niiice
now this is the stuff

theloathable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 06:29:22 AM »

Oh my, thanks!  8)

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 11:49:57 AM »

Sounds exciting but is there any info regarding what does it expect to do?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 12:00:38 PM »

Sounds exciting but is there any info regarding what does it expect to do?
Need to update documentation (including this thread), but in the meantime have a look at the three 0.9.1a mods I listed in the OP - this mod is a continuation (and combination) of them.

braven25

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 12:20:50 PM »

been using this for few days now, seem to work great, no issues found yet.

Starslinger909

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 12:25:39 PM »

So wait is this a working mod or

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 01:05:05 PM »

been using this for few days now, seem to work great, no issues found yet.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 02:11:42 PM »

I love the mod so far, but I wish there would be an option to turn of the monthly warnings for the market stores. I got it the first time...

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2021, 01:21:02 AM »

It is a working mod, slowly being rebuilt to make space for new additions and features. There is a pre-release1 out right now, next pre-releases to follow (as I refactor code). Once refactoring is done I will focus on improvements and new features. It is stable (at least pre1) and the reason it's not official release is that I will be breaking compatibility between pre-releases. Only after stable release is out I will be maintaining save-compatibility.

I love the mod so far, but I wish there would be an option to turn of the monthly warnings for the market stores. I got it the first time...
Added as an issue, will be done next (I am still refactoring Storage board).

arknok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2021, 01:08:05 PM »

was the banking agent yours or someone else's? It was really handy to have a place to separate out capital so you wouldn't accidently spend it.

i like your work, it adds nice options for those who dont want to focus on fighting.

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2021, 06:14:22 PM »

i think it was a shadowy broker

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2021, 08:29:42 PM »

I know this is a bit late but if one replaces the old versions (the 3 separate mods) with this mod, the save is no longer usable.

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2021, 12:13:56 PM »

Can we please get keyboard shortcut for deleting entry in Commodities section? Also would be nice to have "Delete all" button.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21