Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.6c "Lords of War" (fixes 2023-01-27)  (Read 2428910 times)

mllhild

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.6c "Lords of War" (fixes 2023-01-27)
« Reply #5100 on: January 31, 2023, 07:53:57 AM »

Is there a way to tone down the fleet sizes that attack your colonies? Im getting hit by 1500 DP+ invasions (3 fleets of 500+ DP each all arriving and attacking at once) and have no clue what to do about it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
« Reply #5101 on: January 31, 2023, 05:59:02 PM »

Thank you for the reply, to clarify every saves that got this error can't be played anymore. So i have to make new save to try to loop the bug and this is that i found from the test. 1st if i just create task group and keep them do independent move without ordering them then the save is fine and i can still save and play the game but after i give order to the task force group it will always make the error.

So this is the link to the saves folder and i also included the new starsector log that is being created because of this error
Hope this helps.
Thanks, I think I have some idea of what's happening now.

Can you try this? Here's a rules.csv file that attempts to fix the issue, please download to Nexerelin/data/campaign (replace existing file) and see if you can still recreate the issue.

Technical description
Nex saves the current intel screen to the fleet's memory for one frame when opening the special task group command dialog from the intel screen (this is done so it can refresh the UI on closing). The memory entry is cleaned up the next frame (i.e. just about immediately on unpausing). However, if it does get into the save, it can cause problems like yours. This should only ever happen if the player gives a command, saves without unpausing, then doesn't save again, but I don't know if the entry is somehow persisting after unpausing.

The modified rules.csv adds a command to clean up the memory entry immediately on closing the dialog, by adding the command unset $nex_uiToRefresh to the script column in the row nex_commandSF_leaveRemote (row 1220). So it should be impossible to save with the UI still stored in memory.
[close]

EDIT: forgot to respond to other post

Is there a way to tone down the fleet sizes that attack your colonies? Im getting hit by 1500 DP+ invasions (3 fleets of 500+ DP each all arriving and attacking at once) and have no clue what to do about it.
Short answer: try invasionFleetSizeMult in exerelin_config.json, although that will have knock-on effects. In the short term, console command kill also works.

Long answer: the invasions scale partly to the target planet/system's defenses, so for any given invasion event the defenders should be an even match for it. However, if your problem is that multiple factions are invading you and they all arrive at about the same time, 1) well that's some pretty bad luck, and 2) consider having fewer enemies.
(It also scales partly to the target market's size, so if you have a high-value target upgrade its orbital station if you haven't already)

Well, what's your target planet look like, and which faction(s) are invading? Screenshots might be helpful.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 06:03:43 PM by Histidine »

DeathmanForces

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: January 31, 2023, 08:19:05 PM »

Thank you for the modified files, it works like a charm. I guess i am just being too careful that i always save first before unpausing in starsector. Thank you for the hard work.

mllhild

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: Today at 09:55:55 AM »

Short answer: try invasionFleetSizeMult in exerelin_config.json, although that will have knock-on effects. In the short term, console command kill also works.

Long answer: the invasions scale partly to the target planet/system's defenses, so for any given invasion event the defenders should be an even match for it. However, if your problem is that multiple factions are invading you and they all arrive at about the same time, 1) well that's some pretty bad luck, and 2) consider having fewer enemies.
(It also scales partly to the target market's size, so if you have a high-value target upgrade its orbital station if you haven't already)

Well, what's your target planet look like, and which faction(s) are invading? Screenshots might be helpful.
Thanks for the answer.

Game year 210

System: (All have free market)
Planet under attack Size 6 with Defenses Battlestation, Military HQ on World
Further Planets in System:
Size 5 with Patrol HQ and Chrimetric Engine +100%
Size 5 Patrol HQ
Size 5 Patrol HQ
Then another 4 Size 3 that just got colonized.
Addionally the system contains a sympathic faction that came to my help with their size 7 (military) and size 4 colonies.

We all got deleted.

Attacking Faction was Legion Infernalis. (Hostile -50, due to start condition? I never interacted with them.)
This was also their first attack at all.

I was mostly just doing exploration and hence did only have a moderate fleet stored, so this was all I could have fielded.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341]