Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Make the AI Ziggy Motes deal EMP damage to phased ships.  (Read 694 times)

belone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Make the AI Ziggy Motes deal EMP damage to phased ships.
« on: April 10, 2021, 11:02:05 AM »

Straight Forward suggestion, I find it that it's way too easy to defeat the Ziggy using a ship like the doom, when the Ziggy is by far the best ship in the game.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: Make the AI Ziggy Motes deal EMP damage to phased ships.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 05:31:20 PM »

The issue isn't the Zig, it is the Doom. It can solo a LOT of things that it really should not be able to. Same for fleet level engagements.

oooh_senpai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 05:53:58 PM »

The issue isn't the Zig, it is the Doom. It can solo a LOT of things that it really should not be able to. Same for fleet level engagements.
While there are not really so many other ways to overcome some game challenges i think it's fine. Can't really get how to defeat remnant fleets without it

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 10:42:19 PM »

Is this Starsector or Doomsector? I would rather have Doom brought in line and the challenges rebalanced.
I also suggested in some other thread that phase ships should get soft flux from being "attacked" while in phase, just that all weapons should be able to do that, not just motes.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 10:47:29 PM »

I also suggested in some other thread that phase ships should get soft flux from being "attacked" while in phase, just that all weapons should be able to do that, not just motes.

This just makes phase a worse fortress shield (for larger ships). And at the same time doesn't really do much against Afflictor - it's fast enough to dodge most incoming fire/ there isn't much time to shoot at it during approach.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 10:49:23 PM by TaLaR »

Arakasi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 12:52:32 AM »

Yeah the solution here is not to make the Ziggurat more overpowered lmao. Doom and to a lesser extent the Harbringer need something done to them that won't be pretty.