Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Controllable Domain Mothership  (Read 83452 times)

Biohazard041

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Controllable Domain Mothership
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2021, 07:41:53 PM »

I would like to make it obtainable by methods other than spawning it in, but I don't know how to code it being obtainable via salvaging the Domain Mothership in Starsector.
I'll eventually look in the modding help guides and find out how, but for now you'll have to spawn it in.

Nicegye00

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2021, 10:02:09 PM »

I would like to make it obtainable by methods other than spawning it in, but I don't know how to code it being obtainable via salvaging the Domain Mothership in Starsector.
I'll eventually look in the modding help guides and find out how, but for now you'll have to spawn it in.

I think a good idea would be to make it something you can find in salvage, or more accurately, give it a small percent chance (thinking like painfully small like 1% to 2%) per searching either an orbital habitat or research station. This would also include making it a blueprint. As I can tell, the domain mothership in this mod ends up being it's own ship all together and should be treated as such. Think of giving it it's own class name and specification (the later you already did) under the concept that this version of the mothership was controlled by actual crew that used cryosleep to operate. After that it would end up docking at research stations to resupply, as well as giving it it's own name and classifications and you have yourself a controllable domain mothership, that is vanilla friendly. Obviously this can be harder than I would expect but it's better in my opinion to attempt to simply make it an independant ship apart from the regular domain motherships and coding in some normal derelict spawn chances, kind of like finding random paragons and onslaughts, or pulling them from a station that would have one docked.

dcong89

• Ensign
  • Work Hard Play Hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2021, 10:46:57 PM »

i wonder why this beast Domain-era sporeship not avalaible anymore when i use console to summon all ships.And This(domain-mothership) half of the ship came out lol

[attachment deleted by admin]

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2021, 11:50:02 PM »

that could be real cool as a sort of themed playthrough

Your character manages to get a Domain ship and in turn the REDACTED stop attacking you, even let you dock at stations to repair/get supplies/fuel and weapons, but the catch is you have to buy thoses with materials instead of credits

MAN would that be a riot to just go on a huge tear and rip the sector apart
Pages: 1 [2]