Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My thoughts on skills and an assortment of ideas  (Read 1530 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: My thoughts on skills and an assortment of ideas
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2021, 10:38:23 AM »

Thank you for the feedback/suggestions! Read stuff through and made a few notes to re-read for later (and reading the other stuff on this board, of course - just not able to respond in detail everywhere).

Quote from: intrinsic_parity
I think T5 tech is in a decent place, but only if you use radiants. I would increase the automated ship point cap and also increase radiant DP so that the skill is similarly powerful, but gives you more options. I don't have that much experience with the automated ships skill though, so I'm less sure about that.

One thing I wanted to say here - this is an idea that initially made a lot of sense to me. But I just got done re-tuning officer counts on many of the high-end fleets (as well as turning down the number of capitals a bit more), and - now it's in a place where a few extra officers can easily start affecting the DP distribution. So it feels like putting, say, 4 Alpha Cores on Remnant frigates - which still gets them decent CR - is a viable alternative to a Radiant. You can go for more combat power, or you can go for being able to leverage more of your fleet easily. So it's starting to feel pretty reasonable even without this change.
Pages: 1 [2]