Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Can Pristine Nanoforges still be found or only raided for?  (Read 23008 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Can Pristine Nanoforges still be found or only raided for?
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2021, 04:58:51 PM »

What I really want the pristine nanoforge for is the +50% to ship quality.  Without a forge, the best the player can get is +95% (and only if stability stays at 10.)  Player needs a little more than 100% to almost guarantee pristine ships.  95% cranks out pristine more often than not but still far from guaranteed.  (Field Repairs can mitigate this, but I constantly have other ships to fix.)

I kind of wish Industrial Planning increased ship quality of the colony.  Industrial Planning for the player seems weak compared to the alternative of Colony Management.
...Um? Without a pristine nanoforge, the best you can get is 115%: 50% base (from ship quality automatically counting as maximum for production), 25% from stability, 20% from orbital works, 20% from corrupted nanoforge. That's enough to guarantee no d-mods on manufactured ships; you can even slip down to 9 stability and still get guaranteed pristine construction.

Having a pristine nanoforge is nice, certainly, but it's in no way mandatory. And the corrupted nanoforges are still common enough; I've yet to have a game where I didn't find at least a couple of the things.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2021, 06:11:42 PM »

@ Wyvern:  I meant any forge.  Corrupted nanoforge still pollutes a planet, and may add +4 Pather interest (I do not know if the latter is still true).  If I have Field Repairs, no forge may be better than corrupted because of the forge's downsides, and the missing +1 to demand to various buildings can be met by improving Heavy Industry/Orbital Works.  The only thing going for corrupted is +20% quality, which can be useful, but probably not enough to save it if I lack a good planet to bypass the drawbacks.

If I have pristine, I may bend over backwards looking for a better place to colonize, but if corrupted is the best I can get, I may say "forget it" and plop orbital works on a Terran or low hazard habitable and not use a forge (and that yields only +2 interest instead of +6, and I want to avoid Pather cells at all costs since they are not bugged anymore).

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2021, 07:53:11 PM »

I wouldn't mind a way to combine X corrupted nanoforges into one pristine forge (maybe as part of a quest).

Also pristine forges would be needed less if Military Base and High Command didn't now suck up wtf amounts of resources (this is part of why Sindria has a permanent fuel shortage).

Chthonic One

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2021, 11:32:50 PM »

@ Wyvern:  I meant any forge.  Corrupted nanoforge still pollutes a planet, and may add +4 Pather interest (I do not know if the latter is still true).  If I have Field Repairs, no forge may be better than corrupted because of the forge's downsides, and the missing +1 to demand to various buildings can be met by improving Heavy Industry/Orbital Works.  The only thing going for corrupted is +20% quality, which can be useful, but probably not enough to save it if I lack a good planet to bypass the drawbacks.

If I have pristine, I may bend over backwards looking for a better place to colonize, but if corrupted is the best I can get, I may say "forget it" and plop orbital works on a Terran or low hazard habitable and not use a forge (and that yields only +2 interest instead of +6, and I want to avoid Pather cells at all costs since they are not bugged anymore).
Only pollutes habitable planets. I find that planets with no atmosphere are at least as useful as habitable planets due to the fact that you can install certain mods on them without problems, and you can also install nanoforges on them without pollution at all.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2021, 09:08:01 AM »

Corrupted nanoforge [..] may add +4 Pather interest
I don't think the pathers are as sensitive as they used to be, I only get cells on alpha administration planets. They won't even get out of bed for a paltry 6 interest.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2021, 10:07:10 AM »

Only pollutes habitable planets. I find that planets with no atmosphere are at least as useful as habitable planets due to the fact that you can install certain mods on them without problems, and you can also install nanoforges on them without pollution at all.
I am well aware of that.  Still does not mean it may reduce good colony locations if I cannot find a convenient one with 150% hazard or less, or deal with Pather cells if I use items.

If it is a choice between convenience with no items or awkward colony placement just for a measly +1 that may not make a difference, I may take the convenient option.  If I do not take colony skills and do not have cores, I have only two worlds with (hired) admins with IP, and IP seems mandatory to meet demand for some things.

Chthonic One

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2021, 12:45:27 PM »

I am well aware of that.  Still does not mean it may reduce good colony locations if I cannot find a convenient one with 150% hazard or less, or deal with Pather cells if I use items.

If it is a choice between convenience with no items or awkward colony placement just for a measly +1 that may not make a difference, I may take the convenient option.  If I do not take colony skills and do not have cores, I have only two worlds with (hired) admins with IP, and IP seems mandatory to meet demand for some things.
So long as it's not your first colony, who really cares what the hazard rating is? Just give them hazard pay until you can reduce the hazard rating in other ways and improve accessibility. Even better if you have sleeper pods nearby.

evzhel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2021, 01:15:33 PM »

Corrupted nanoforge still pollutes a planet
Pollution is not a downside of nanoforge because of other artifacts requiring no athmosphere or to be not habitable. You need a +3/+3 ore planet with 175%-200% hazard (volcanic of metallic class IV-V) in any playthrough anyway to build mining with mantle bore, refining with catalytic core and fuel production with synchrotron core - might as well add orbital works with a nanoforge.
There are many such planets in any seed, find one close to a cryosleeper and get max possible supply in no time. Just one would be enough for all of your colonies.

Two fully explored galaxies in 0.95, usually 2-3 corrupted forges and not a single pristine. Weird and disappointing.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 02:57:49 PM by evzhel »

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2021, 04:36:57 AM »

In my second run I'm getting mostly colony items I never saw in the first run, the upgrades for commercial and ground defenses. I have two of each now plus corrupted nanos but nothing else while in my previous game I had all kinds of other items but never the commercial or defense items.

It seems like the loot gets seeded at sector generation, does it seed all types of items or just a random selection of them?

oooh_senpai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2021, 05:37:02 AM »

In my second run I'm getting mostly colony items I never saw in the first run, the upgrades for commercial and ground defenses. I have two of each now plus corrupted
 but nothing else while in my previous game I had all kinds of other items but never the commercial or defense items.

It seems like the loot gets seeded at sector generation, does it seed all types of items or just a random selection of them?
Maybe some of colony items can be found via tech mining, so you are not limited by exploration only. At least i've seen screenshot with it.

TottiTheTurtle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2021, 06:17:06 AM »

Tech mining does produce special items, but as of now, the drop-chances are completely different from looting, e.g. of mining stations.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2021, 03:48:45 AM »

Doing a quick post just to say I've recovered a Pristine Nanoforge in the second Domain Era Mother ship I found. You can definetly still find them in the sector unless you go the easy route and raid them off Kazeron or Chitomonzoc (Yes, I know it's not written properly).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 04:56:03 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2021, 10:57:17 AM »

Found 2 so far this playthrough, plus a ton of other special items that I don't really have the planets for.
Both in systems I had to visit for academy missions. They were quite far from the center but neither was particularly dangerous or obviously special in any way.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2021, 12:17:28 PM »

5 games - zero pristine nano forges. 2-3+ corrupted ones usually can be found. We need a way to somehow repair corrupted ones to pristine status, maybe with alpha cores and loads of resources. Main reason - you cant sustain star fortress and military base without it and robbing the core systems is hardly a good move if you want the sector to survive.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2021, 12:52:19 PM »

Military Base can be sustained with corrupted nanoforge provided your Orbital Works is improved and has an admin with Industrial Planning.

I steal all items from the core worlds eventually.  Doing so may 1) weaken their expeditions (by lowering quality) and 2) remove Pather cells from some of their planets.  The last thing I want to do is to babysit my colonies or theirs, and if taking their items away makes them weaker (enough to make their expeditions a pushover for my patrols), so much the better.

I did not find pristine nanoforge in the one game I played.  Had to raid the core worlds for it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5