Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Can Pristine Nanoforges still be found or only raided for?  (Read 23005 times)

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
Re: Can Pristine Nanoforges still be found or only raided for?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2021, 01:53:13 PM »

Its a pretty high bar for big targets yeah, but endgame throwing around 2-3 million to get blueprints or a top tier item is reasonable. Not to mention that once you have those marines you can raid the heck out of everyone for more money before retiring them again on your planet (or selling them). Just keep 1 so you don't lose the experience! (Which is a bit exploity but... hey thats the mechanic right now.)

im not talking about the prize, my main problem is the lack of availability of marines, and the usefullness, or lack thereoff of carrying around 3000 extra crew (not to mention, 3000 marines means 60k monthly upkeep in credits JUST for the marines)

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2021, 02:43:52 PM »

Raiding is a bit easier if you're willing to go to war and just shoot up all their defenses but I think it won't even tell you how much more you'd need to go for some raid targets, they're just not shown for anything you lack the raid strength for?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2021, 04:01:22 PM »

(not to mention, 3000 marines means 60k monthly upkeep in credits JUST for the marines)
IIRC, the marines in free storage areas have no wages.

TottiTheTurtle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2021, 04:49:07 PM »

Does someone know if the new colony items are guaranteed to be found in every generated sector? I looted every cache, explored every ruin (but not tech-mined), looted every mining and research station, every derelict drone, survey and mothership, every orbital habitat etc., only a handful of corrupted nanoforges and not a single pristine nanoforge. Some other items were also only found a single time.

If special items are not guaranteed to spawn at a minimum amount per sector, is it possible to change that in some files?

bonerstorm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2021, 10:37:46 PM »

I've explored roughly 80-90% of the sector and hit (I'm pretty sure) every single alert system.

Not a single Pristine Nanoforge. Got half a dozen corrupteds and plenty of the little colony boosters (at least one of each) and exactly one Synchrotron. That's it. I'm pretty sure I just got a bad seed. It's possible there are no Pristines in my entire sector.

Meaning all of my size 6 colonies with High Commands are importing ships right now. Because... reasons? I guess if Hegemony AI inspections become rare enough I'll be able to afford the story points to upgrade my AI Admin + C Nano +Industry Alpha AI to the point where my orbital works meets the needs of the planet it's sitting on.

F me. All I'm doing in my current playthrough is exploring systems desperately trying to find one Pforge, while I slowly watch my status with each faction grind down to hostile through failed expeditions.

It's incredibly tedious and pointless and I kind of hate myself for playing this game. I question all the bad decisions I made in my life that led me to play Starsector into lategame. Don't know if I should drop it for another 2 years for the next update or just start a new game to actually have fun again.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2021, 10:42:48 PM »

You can just steal a pristine nano-forge from the Hegemony or the Persean League. I did that, and then ended up finding a pristine nano-forge in the last red system in my sector lol.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2021, 02:09:58 AM »

I've seen some screencaps of someone that cranked the hell out of the ruins multiplier and they had THOUSANDS of Corrupted Forges to their single digit amounts of Pristines... I think there might be something that is off
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

TottiTheTurtle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2021, 06:49:04 AM »

I saw that thread too. But Alex said:

Ah - the drop table for tech mining is indeed *very* different. (Perhaps it shouldn't be or it should be different in another way etc etc), but I'm not seeing a bug here.
[snip]

But some items seem unproportionally rare. Are all of the special items and all blueprints guaranteed to be found in every sector (without raiding any colonies)?

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2021, 07:07:50 AM »

I've explored my whole sector minus a few planets with too much high threat remnant presence but I haven't found a pristine or even a bore.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2021, 10:00:59 AM »

I found only way to improve this is install the Industrial Evolution  mod... since that mod add more stations to the game (research and habitats, like the vanilla mining station), there are more places to look for this stuff, so your chance of it spawning at all increase.

bonerstorm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2021, 10:19:04 AM »

If Pristines are going to be so ridiculously rare that people can do entire playthroughs without finding a single one, then maybe one should be a reward for a story mission.

I get the impression that there's no guarantee of a Pristine being in an entire seed and low enough odds of finding one that it's plausible too. If that's the case, then there's gotta be some way to guarantee ONE drop somewhere.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2021, 10:22:18 AM »

They are quite rare, but I don't see why its needed to have one drop each game. The player can get full quality custom production ships without it, so its mostly a convenience item for more money and bigger player fleets.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2021, 11:10:37 AM »

If they are gonna be this rare for now on, then I think they need to lose the pollution nerf and or get a ship quality boost so that no ships with d mods will ever spawn when it is installed
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

TottiTheTurtle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2021, 01:10:37 PM »

I feel if I'm not able to find every item at least once per sector, I am missing out. Why limit options? Would it hurt to be able to find at least one of each special items, guaranteed? I think not, but some are completionists and just want the pristine nanoforge without ruining another planet. At least, as suggested, make them obtainable via librarian.

bonerstorm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2021, 01:26:13 PM »

They are quite rare, but I don't see why its needed to have one drop each game. The player can get full quality custom production ships without it, so its mostly a convenience item for more money and bigger player fleets.
They're needed because the endgame gameplay loop involves either endlessly babysitting colonies from expeditions + compensating for rep adjustments from expeditions or doing literally anything else while getting constant -5 rep adjustments from your overpowered defenses crushing them.

Without a pristine nanoforge, a size 6 colony can't supply it's own High Command unless it has +1 industry Admin +1 story point improvements +1 Alpha core on Industry +1 corrupted nanoforge. Since you need multiple overlapping high commands to not have to babysit colonies, that means that without a pristine nanoforge you have to import from another faction.

And, of course, pirate activity and intercepted supply shipments as well as faction hostilities reduce access... which can reduce imported space hulls... which then can create a downward spiral as defenses wear down and - by the by - you eventually can't import hulls from factions that produce hulls if you're "doing literally anything else" because they keep grinding their rep down into open warfare by raiding you for producing hulls (because murdering your best customers = profit?).

Obviously with fractional differences from lack of supply could or could not be a big deal vis a vis defenses vs raids... but that would require a calculator and brain space that I don't want to invest in a game that I'm playing to distract me from real life.

With respect, this isn't fun. This isn't even in the same galaxy as fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5