Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Can Pristine Nanoforges still be found or only raided for?  (Read 23033 times)

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Can Pristine Nanoforges still be found or only raided for?
« on: April 09, 2021, 04:01:41 PM »

With skills no longer buffing rare item finds I haven't seen a single Pristine Nanoforge drop from anywhere in my current playthrough and I only have a few token systems left to explore (mostly due to high Remnant threat). In the previous version they may have been a bit too common but this seems excessive too. Especially with Industry skills making d-mods pretty close to a non-issue so the quality boost is no longer a huge selling point. Other industry +3 boosters aren't THAT rare but Heavy Industry is the one market segment you can't easily get a large share on.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Can Pristine Nanoforges still be found or only raided for?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 04:03:38 PM »

I found one, but only after I explored the entire sector. It was in a red danger system so I didn't really get to explore it until very late. I also raided for one before that because I gave up on finding it.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 04:05:39 PM »

I've also explored around 99% of my current save without finding a single Pristine Nanoforge, so it appears that they are indeed exceptionally rare.

furl

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 04:19:16 PM »

I found 2 already, but probably just got lucky. One in high danger remnant system and the other in a normal unexplored system, both in mining stations

[attachment deleted by admin]

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 04:35:40 PM »

I didn't have much luck locating a Pristine nanoforge on my first playthrough but my brother had no trouble on his playthrough so it seems very much luck based.

I had a really bad time locating the high-tech or mid-line ship blueprints packages as well despite already having a colony up, but I did find them eventually (many sighs of relief were given).

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 05:06:48 PM »

I'm at >50% exploration of two sectors, zero pristine forges. They seem very rare.

The selection of colony items also seem, erm, repetitive. Does it only spawn from a sub-selection of the possible items?

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 08:00:53 PM »

I haven't even found a corrupted one, and had to borrow the one from Culann. I'm surely getting a lot of those +3 volatiles things. 6 so far, and yet I'm missing most other colony items. It really feels like during the sector gen the game decides which colony item is the most common, and you get nothing but that one the entire game.

iseethings

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 12:24:06 AM »

I've had 3 over the course of multiple playthroughs drop and ALL of them came from survey ships/motherships. Ruins, mines, and research stations never dropped them for me.

Edit: I have also had the story teller point me to some colony items so that should be a possible route if you got all the blueprints you wanted already.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 12:25:52 AM by iseethings »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2021, 07:51:00 AM »

I found one, but only after I explored the entire sector. It was in a red danger system so I didn't really get to explore it until very late. I also raided for one before that because I gave up on finding it.
I've also explored around 99% of my current save without finding a single Pristine Nanoforge, so it appears that they are indeed exceptionally rare.
Even if they were more common in the previous two releases, I had two games back then when I explored at least half of the sector but did not find one, and I had to resort to raiding Kazeron or Chicomoztoc for it.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 08:02:38 AM »

The rate of finding them seems crazy low now, I miss that rare find skill...

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 10:12:22 AM »

They are quite rare now. Otoh, you can still get max quality for custom production without it so its not an essential item, just a very nice one.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2021, 01:19:47 PM »

They are quite rare now. Otoh, you can still get max quality for custom production without it so its not an essential item, just a very nice one.
You get the ability to repair d-mods for free or get other benefits from them so you don't even need quality from your custom production. I'm more annoyed by the lack of +3 production on my heavy industry since I want more market share!

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2021, 01:45:06 PM »

while we are at it... the requirements to raid nanoforges, or, well, anything anyways are UNGODLY STEEP

you need about 3000 marines and 2 or more valkryes to carry out a successfull raid and grab, blueprints arent much better

which is INSANE considering:

they are useless unless when using them for raiding
they are super costly in upkeep

and more importantly, it is acutally really difficult to GET that many marines in the first place, cost and accomodations aside

a military base sells AT MOST 400 marines on both markets, costing round about 200k credits, give or take, and you have to have the connections required to access the military market in that case, trying to get 3000? yeah, its annoying

and marines die SO MUCH too, like, an ungodly amount of marines die in raids

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2021, 01:48:32 PM »

Its a pretty high bar for big targets yeah, but endgame throwing around 2-3 million to get blueprints or a top tier item is reasonable. Not to mention that once you have those marines you can raid the heck out of everyone for more money before retiring them again on your planet (or selling them). Just keep 1 so you don't lose the experience! (Which is a bit exploity but... hey thats the mechanic right now.)

FelixG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2021, 01:48:53 PM »

I have dropkicked 3 motherships, and managed to find a single pristine nanoforge, found 2 corrupted though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5