Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your favorite mod ship  (Read 8941 times)

Maeleth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite mod ship
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2022, 01:09:28 AM »

I absolutely love Vesper frigate from Dassault-Mikoyan. It looks great, very fun to fly and safe to drive even with reckless officer.

2nd place would probably go to (LI) version of Hresvelgr. The design is top notch, and its combat capabilities are nothing to scoff at.

And lastly I'd like to mention the Doominator. Because, well, it's Dominator, but with phase coils! Might not be an optimal pick all around, but fits perfectly in the current phase meta. Also, did I mention it's a phase-capable Dominator?

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2022, 03:28:23 AM »

All Royal Azalea ships have excellent shields and very capable guns, they are slow however. So the Nybas from Vic serves as my personal ship in engagements.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2022, 09:33:20 AM »

the spoiler ship from the kadur remnant mod for me. it just wiped the floor with my endgame vanilla fleet when i first encountered it.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2022, 10:27:45 AM »

I mean any and all of the fighters from Diable Avionics would be my number 1.

But for independent ships I really like those giant asymmetrical battleships from The Xhan Empire. Absolutely beautiful designs, with a built in armour annihilating weapon to boot! What a great mod!

Runners up would be the new hammerhead inspired designs from the Mayasuran Navy, or the Alastair from the Legacy of Arkgneisis.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 10:29:32 AM by Igncom1 »
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Pep

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2022, 11:08:36 AM »

Aleste from ArmaA, it’s squishy but what’s more fun then carving up a ship with laser swords?

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2022, 05:55:03 PM »

Archean order onslaught with shunt. Combat is harder and a lot of ships got buffed [some rekt. RIP eagle] so its pretty good to just go nuts and kill like ten capitals before your hull gets low and you have to bail. The only real problem it has ran into so far are laser spamming stations, so I swap to a modded conquest for that [it's basically a heavy cruiser, but wasn't it anyway?]

[attachment deleted by admin]

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2022, 09:17:58 PM »

The Cerus from the asteroid ship.  Max out range buffs and let even the point defense MGs go to town on a distant opponent. 

Anything from the Star Wars, Star Trek, and Battlefleet Gothic mods (though I think the armor of the Imperial ships needs to go up a bit)

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2022, 11:21:24 AM »

There are some fun ones for sure.  The Flying Dutchman from...I think Vayra's sector (could be wrong) is just a pin cushion of large ballistic death; the cost of a few disappearing crew is well worth the power of 7 (SEVEN!) mjolnirs covering you from every angle.

Archaean Order's rework of the Atlas mk. II is one MONSTROUS missile boat; don't think I've seen a ship with more missile-capable hardpoints.  the fact that limited missiles can actually reload in that mod just makes it all the more terrifying...and still so cheap to deploy too!

The Vindicator (S), also from Vayra's sector (again, I THINK, correct me if I'm wrong) is the rare "stock" double barreled variant of an artillery gun and it's quite the spectacle.  Long range, high impact and a cone explosion at the end of its range make it one hell of a standoff machine and the ship system lets it reload for rapid fire bombardment for a few shots, giving it some tremendous finishing power.

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2022, 01:37:38 AM »

Union from The Star Federation(FTL mod)

jeeplaw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2022, 06:19:18 AM »

Definitely the Churchhill hull..2 of these have become my leading edge force multipliers. Not sure why they work so good, but they just do.

rhubarb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2022, 02:21:39 AM »

I only picked this ship up yesterday, but I think I have an answer! It's the Ouggom from Xhan Empire. It's a phase cruiser and it's OP, but not invincible, point-and-delete OP like Ziggy.

It's a little lighter than Doom--slightly less armour/hull, slightly faster. I don't totally understand the ship system yet: it magnetizes enemy hulls, which seems to suck other ships & fighters (but not missiles?) into them. Looks cool! Sometimes does damage!

Has a large synergy and three medium hybrid/universal slots, so it can mount a fraction of the classic Zigg loadout, tach lance + heavy needlers, which was already nuts before phase anchor.

Oh, and it's 30 DP, so you can also have an Afflictor in your fleet for variety and pursuit without diluting the phase skill bonuses.

Needs friends for PD and safe venting, player must pay SOME attention while piloting--and so far that's enough challenge to keep me engaged. I dunno, I like being strong and flying phase ships.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2022, 10:54:11 AM »

Sozzer: Penelope
A capital scale survey / command ship which flies like an Enforcer++ crossed with a Shepherd.
Medium mounts only as its technically "just" an explorer, but 7 of them is enough to have all kinds of fun. Comes with a burn drive, a pair of drone friends and built-in survey gear & operations centre.

Not really super powerful or anything, just has a vibe that I extremely get and makes me happy.
Penny is a quiet girl who just wants to look at planets.

TontonBoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2022, 08:16:06 PM »

I'm having a lot of fun lately with the newly minted Princeps from Interstellar Imperium. It's a destroyer sized 2 squads carrier and dual medium-mount combatant all in a very sexy package. Nothing ground breaking just a solid versatile little ship. The world needs more of those.

PhroX

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2022, 12:44:45 AM »

It varies a lot depending on my mood, but I've been having a hell of a lot of fun with the Capella from Magellan recently.
Pages: 1 [2]