Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Game permanently freezes randomly  (Read 3572 times)

Mordodrukow

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Game permanently freezes randomly
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2020, 12:19:39 PM »

I ll try the manipulations with the Lib if the game will try crash after every action. Random worlds is good option, but not essential for me.

Right now i m interested in trying different faction mods and collecting intel about stats of mod-specific ships and weapons. Like Starsector wiki for core items.

UPD. So, now it cant save in dat run too -_-

0. Turned first suggested setting to "false".
1. I dunno how to disable Lib through the file. What shoud i write there?
2. Tried to disable all mods except Radar, SpeedUp and portrait packs. The entire game crashed before loading the main menu. Said something about fatal error and LazyLib.
3. Turned 3 Libs on. Tried to create new game without any factions or Nex. Did well. Saved 3 times: one while paused, 2 without the pause. Also did well.

-1. Encountered no problems with freezes or saves when played Nex + DMic + Shadowyards (but it was earlier than the run with freezes). May be the problem is in the Sylphon or in Ships & Weapons pack. Or, may be, in some combination of mods... I dunno... =(

Is there any complete instruction how to check all important information for troubleshooting (or at least: to help you make better build in the future)?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 03:30:45 PM by Mordodrukow »
Spoiler
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 09:37:23 AM »

Open up GRAPHICS_OPTIONS.ini and change:
"enableShaders":true,
to:
"enableShaders":false,

And, I think I've realized what the issue might be, actually. Your video card probably doesn't have a lot of video memory, and if that's exceeded, then it might use your system ram instead. And while saving, the game's memory use goes up, so it's ending up with not enough memory.

If this is the case, then turning off graphicslib per above might help some (since that should reduce video memory use), but basically you're limited in how many mods you can run at once, since more mods = more video memory required.

Mordodrukow

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2020, 04:26:25 PM »

Made some short tests. Always with disabled Lib shaders, Nex on, no random worlds or changed habitable worlds dencity (make it to be a part of core game pls to be sure it always works, cause it is a great option, which helps a lot).
Tried Ships&Weapons pack, DMic, Sylphon, Appro Light separately. Saves good, loads good, works well in simulation combats against modded faction's ships.
Together they work well too. So, may be the problem was in Shadowyards. Or in shaders... Dunno if i will have some problems later in the run. Hope, all will be ok.

TY for help!
Spoiler
[close]

REYNAULD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 02:15:49 PM »

Open up GRAPHICS_OPTIONS.ini and change:
"enableShaders":true,
to:
"enableShaders":false,

And, I think I've realized what the issue might be, actually. Your video card probably doesn't have a lot of video memory, and if that's exceeded, then it might use your system ram instead. And while saving, the game's memory use goes up, so it's ending up with not enough memory.

If this is the case, then turning off graphicslib per above might help some (since that should reduce video memory use), but basically you're limited in how many mods you can run at once, since more mods = more video memory required.

Very sorry about the whole year gap damn, totally forgot about this thread...

Just fyi : I'm playing again since the new update, and got the same problem of random crashes BUT I found the reason why this time. Basically, for some reason, the game didnt like being on integrated graphics, and since I forced java to run on my gpu, the problem is 100% gone :D

Putting it here just in case it helps someone else too
Pages: 1 [2]