Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is it possilbe to recovery a drone battleship?  (Read 3071 times)

Eigengrau

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Is it possilbe to recovery a drone battleship?
« on: April 09, 2021, 12:00:20 AM »

I've picked the "automated ships" skill which let player recovery automated ships.
And since have run into two guardian-class drone battleships, the one that's guarding the cryosleep ships but neither time let me recovery the drone battleships.

So, is it possible to recover these ships?

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possilbe to recovery a drone battleship?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 12:02:13 AM »

No, Guardians are unrecoverable even with the skill. You can get a Radiant, if you want. It's also a capital-sized battleship.

Eigengrau

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 12:17:29 AM »

No, Guardians are unrecoverable even with the skill. You can get a Radiant, if you want. It's also a capital-sized battleship.
Thanks, will be looking forward to that.
I hope there's in-game reference or lore to clarify drone battleships aren't recoverable (or the skill does not apply) so people won't get confused.

Chthonic One

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 12:43:00 AM »

I hope there's in-game reference or lore to clarify drone battleships aren't recoverable (or the skill does not apply) so people won't get confused.
Be warned, that a Radiant with an Alpha core will have at most 50% Combat Readiness as it's 60 points of your 30 max.

It can be powerful though even at that, but keep that in mind.

Arakasi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 12:56:47 AM »

It's not possible but I wish it was. Even if it is (somehow) stronger than the Radiant it seems like it would be pretty easy to balance that with the way Deployment Points interacts with CR for automated ships.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 01:21:48 AM »

It's not possible but I wish it was. Even if it is (somehow) stronger than the Radiant it seems like it would be pretty easy to balance that with the way Deployment Points interacts with CR for automated ships.
The problem is that the Guardian has some specific traits that would become a major balance problem if the player got to modify the thing. It's specifically designed to be a solo boss enemy.

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 01:23:26 AM »

which if you think about it, is super freaking weird considering a radiant is trice as powerfull as a guardian (especially considering it HAS to be under "ai" control)

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 01:25:12 AM »

The problem is that the Guardian has some specific traits that would become a major balance problem if the player got to modify the thing. It's specifically designed to be a solo boss enemy.

the same goes for the radiant, even MORE... dont forget, THAT thing has remnant shields, overlapping weapon arcs to death, and CAN FREAKING TELEPORT

THIS monster in the players hands would always more dangerous than an infinite missile spammer

Arakasi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 04:31:26 AM »

Given every version I've encountered is easily solo'd by a Radiant, how hard would it really be to balance those systems?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2021, 06:13:08 AM »

I would be against making Guardian obtainable, but apparently it's a standard battleship for expdrones now, as evidenced by their bounties, so it isn't as special anymore.

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2021, 06:20:53 AM »

I thought you could get the guardian if you had nex installed? At least that's what I was told in another thread.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2021, 06:56:49 AM »

Not to mention that its behavior is locked to fearless, so player cannot make it kite from everything by default and spam unlimited missiles.

Just make the Guardian recoverable.  Even if it is overpowered like Radiant, it is heavy price to pay for being unable to get +1 s-mods (and higher flux max) for the whole fleet unless player double-dips Tech.  (And full double-dipping is a skill point waste.)

Arakasi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2021, 07:07:07 AM »

Not to mention that its behavior is locked to fearless, so player cannot make it kite from everything by default and spam unlimited missiles.

NGL the behaviour lock doesn't really mean anything. I regularly get my Radiant to flee from enemies just by setting enemies to 'avoid'. My whole fleet setup would be useless without that ability.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2021, 02:54:19 PM »

Be warned, that a Radiant with an Alpha core will have at most 50% Combat Readiness as it's 60 points of your 30 max.

It can be powerful though even at that, but keep that in mind.

TO be very exact, it has 45% CR because you are already over the cap limit with that ship. It is strange tbh.