Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: is there a way to quickly find a pirate base disrupting a colony?  (Read 2474 times)

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile

as the title says, do i have to search each system untill i find it or is there a better way to detect them?

PeepingPeacock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: is there a way to quickly find a pirate base disrupting a colony?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 08:45:40 PM »

Go to the bar of the colony being disrupted.

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 08:52:41 PM »

nice, thank you

Chthonic One

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 11:51:25 PM »

Personally I've already scanned all the systems within 10 Ly of my systems due to the fact that I have cryosleepers there and want to know what other planets might benefit. Ducking in and out of those systems to find the pirates isn't hard at this point. It's only about 12 systems.

Heck, sometimes there's even a bounty on the station, even though a precise location isn't known.

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 07:53:49 AM »

Ducking in and out of those systems to find the pirates isn't hard
no its not hard. but its repetitive. easy and repetitive equals borring.

dunno. i think there should be some sort of bounty mission for these bases from your own factoin with a reward of 0 credits.

MaXimillion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 07:58:21 AM »

This wasn't an issue with the last major patch, where the bar event was basically always available to tell you where the base is. Now it sometimes takes ages to become available, presumably because of all the new bar missions that were added in the update.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 07:59:34 AM »

Back in 0.9a, there was no such feature to locate Pather bases, and people abused the Intel bug to locate those bases.  It was a pain to find them without the Intel bug.

v0.9.1a, Pathers get a bar option too, but the Intel bug was fixed.  Not that it mattered since Pathers were bugged that sabotage attempts always failed if stability was at least 2.

Go to the bar of the colony being disrupted.
Not reliable in this release.  Probably bugged.

Vanarion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 08:38:04 AM »

What i'd really like with pathers and pirates is them fokussing your planets the less the more often you defeated them.

Expeditons are also a bit annoying. I would at least like the reputation panalty being removed. The attacker being forced to pay reparations would be more logical.
Or how about alternatively failing an expedition could lower the reputation with the player, but as a downside for the attacker also lower their reputation with all other factions ba the same amount, as the illegal attack becomes public.

All in all the faction relationship stuff is still by far over simplistic. Can't wait for the update of Nexerelin.