Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: A few visual bugs  (Read 637 times)

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
A few visual bugs
« on: April 08, 2021, 06:15:09 PM »

Encountered a few issues:
1) The text for a survey contract repeats on the intel screen (The following resources are...)
2) The quote reference text, displayed with the skills, is inconsistently positioned.
3) Playing at 2560x1440 and the text and other GUI elements don't look very sharp. I've not noticed this before.
4) Some of the text is very dark/faded and difficult to read at a glance.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: A few visual bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 06:21:54 PM »

Thank you! Just fixed up #1.

#2 - not seeing this; maybe just not noticing what you mean?

#3: you're running with UI scaling, right? #3 is to be expected if that's the case and the UI scaling amount isn't 200%. Unfortunately the game doesn't support 720p so 1440p can't quite get to 200%...

Re #4, is there something specific you had in mind? It could be related to UI scaling (in which case the text needs brightening up in that specific case, or it could be a more general UI issue like some text being too dark regardless of scaling, so it'd help to know exactly what sort of thing you mean here.

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 06:45:26 PM »

I've crudely outlined the differences in the skill quote text positioning in the image below. I'll add some screenshots where the text is quite dark.

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 06:52:24 PM »

I've pointed out some of the harder to read text below in yellow.

Regarding the UI scaling, I didn't realize that it was even a thing. I've set it to 100% and it looks far better now. It was at 130%.

Ryan390

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 08:43:59 AM »

You have way too much time on your hands my friend! I don't see any issues here unless I'm blind.. Are we being a bit picky and trying to find bugs for the sake of finding?

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 10:05:24 AM »

Don't worry about it. If Alex doesn't think they are valid, then he will spend his time elsewhere.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 10:09:54 AM »

You have way too much time on your hands my friend! I don't see any issues here unless I'm blind.. Are we being a bit picky and trying to find bugs for the sake of finding?

(Please don't post extraneous stuff in the bug reports forum! Per the sticky, it's important to keep this section of the forum streamlined.)

Don't worry about it. If Alex doesn't think they are valid, then he will spend his time elsewhere.

I appreciate the reports! Have some notes about a couple of these. And, regardless, I'd much rather stuff be pointed out than not. Thank you for taking the time!

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 10:11:49 AM »

Welcome  ;D