Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: please add a debuff for max burn when cr is low  (Read 567 times)

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile
please add a debuff for max burn when cr is low
« on: April 08, 2021, 02:28:55 PM »

does not have to be huge. maybe -4 at 0% cr or something like that.

reason:
it is bloody annoying to hunt the last survivors of a fleet after a battle, and even if a hostile fleet is fleeing and down to a single tanker, it will still prevent salvaging etc. they also show really annoying behaviour to keep just close enough to me to prevent salvaging, but flee as soon as i approach.
i get it that this intended behaviour, but at least make it require that cr is not low.

this is a qol request. its about moping up the remaining survivors after a fight. i dont think it would have much other consequences, though it probably would make players more careful around storms and asteroids too.

q-rau

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: please add a debuff for max burn when cr is low
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 02:42:16 PM »

Personally I think there should just be a proportionate DP threshold for a fleet to 'threaten' you. Yeah, you don't need to be as powerful as your opponent to threaten sensitive stuff like a raid or a salvage op, but a tanker and a few beat-up frigates should not be able to complicate the operations of a significant force.

There needs to be a lot of abstraction in this stuff because the player can't split their fleet. Normally the solution would just be to detach a fast and overwhelmingly superior outrider kind of force to chase down the offenders, or patrol local space while the operation was ongoing. But since your ships have to stay in a single blob it's very easy for faster enemies to cause them ongoing issues.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 03:12:20 PM »

Honestly I think any fleet that will run for its life if it gets close to you shouldn't be able to interfere with your interactions, it's just frustrating and often silly.

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 04:42:58 PM »

I think the Nexerelin scavenger solution makes a lot of sense for this, which is that you can engage ships who would stop you from taking the action, without having to actually chase them down. If they aren't looking for a fight, why are they trying to poke at your fleet? Alternatively, there maybe should be some way that you can screen your ships by spending CR (maybe supplies equal to the enemy fleet's DP?). I don't want to have to engage that single Glimmer that's preventing me from scavenging a research station, but I have to.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 05:01:42 PM »

I'll just say, I have some TODO items for these. There are definitely some annoyances involved that could use getting weeded out.