Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Removing decivilized subpopulation  (Read 16308 times)

Pokpaul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Removing decivilized subpopulation
« on: April 08, 2021, 11:55:12 AM »

So creating and then abandoning a colony doesn't remove the devicilized subpopulation anymore, is there any way to do it?

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
Re: Removing decivilized subpopulation
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 12:02:48 PM »

Unfortunately, there will always be techno-barbarians at the gates.

Demetrious

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 12:22:27 PM »

So creating and then abandoning a colony doesn't remove the devicilized subpopulation anymore, is there any way to do it?

You can do it with the console mod, which can add or remove market conditions.

Personally I'd love to see a vanilla "pacification" structure that adds a hefty demand for heavy armaments and will remove the "decivilized" debuff after around ten cycles or so.

Pokpaul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 01:49:08 PM »

Or maybe yet another story point sink? Civilize the natives, lose the hit and keep the growth?

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 01:58:15 PM »

im undecided if i should cheat away this from my planet, it had that mod even uncolonized. so i wonder, how can there be uncivilized pop on an uncolonized planet? does not seem to make much sense to me. on the other hand, i dont know the background. maybe uncolonized planets are not supposed to be empty? it is a habitable world after all.

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 02:11:43 PM »

Yeah, the sector at large used to be actively growing, if a small frontier holding of the domain.
The collapse had a lot of planets lose their spaceports and basically went into food/resource scarcity crises.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 02:17:26 PM »

Consider improving Pop&Inf and/or Orbital Station for more stability.

That said, I would not mind a way to clean out the parasites.

Scorpixel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 05:26:03 AM »

Would love if there were actual option to deal with these, i mean how can there be random murder-hoboes living irl Mad Max next to returned civilisation for so long? Even if some don't wanna come back to it, civilisation shall come to them.

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 05:53:20 AM »

Would love if there were actual option to deal with these, i mean how can there be random murder-hoboes living irl Mad Max next to returned civilisation for so long? Even if some don't wanna come back to it, civilisation shall come to them.

I think its supposed to be a cyberpunk thing where you have like a super futuristic city...

and then you have ruined hovels outside(or maybe even below) that city.

A size 6 colony is 1 million to 10 million people, which can be fit the size of new york city.

Scorpixel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2021, 06:56:51 AM »

I think its supposed to be a cyberpunk thing where you have like a super futuristic city...

A size 6 colony is 1 million to 10 million people, which can be fit the size of new york city.
This is about decivilized humans stuck in the collapse/anarchy, if it was about your run of the mill underworld then every size 6+ world in the core should also have it (especially considering how many "fell from the truck" warships they can get to the point of making the legal shipyards a joke, seriously they have more, higher-class/quality, and with less D-mods!)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2021, 06:59:02 AM »

Decivilized should be removed if player has colonized and owned the world for five to ten consecutive years.

Sounds like a points of light in a D&D setting.  Time to send in the murderhobo adventuring party to lay waste to everything in their wake in their quest for fortune and glory.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 07:02:07 AM by Megas »

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2021, 07:01:13 AM »

Ok, so imagine earth was a size 6 colony with decivilized subpopulation.

You have ~an NYC sized population center, with industries and military areas spread around the planet.

That's still going to be a lot of space for decivilized people.

Granted, once you get beyond size 6, it becomes less and less reasonable.

Scorpixel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2021, 07:45:41 AM »

Ok, so imagine earth was a size 6 colony with decivilized subpopulation.

You have ~an NYC sized population center, with industries and military areas spread around the planet.

That's still going to be a lot of space for decivilized people.

Granted, once you get beyond size 6, it becomes less and less reasonable.
That's the thing, i want a button that let me find those Mad Max LARPers, get them to wear something else than black leather with spikes and have them work 16 hours shifts in the mines.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2021, 07:59:25 AM »

Considering I've had decivilized subpopulations pop up on water worlds with very little actual land, on planets with either toxic or non-existent atmospheres (optional: extreme heat as well), and at least one gas giant, I have to assume that these people would not be difficult to round up and/or glass from orbit. It's a shame my High Command is staffed entirely by people who only know how to think of suitably dramatic ways to describe themselves, they might actually do something to justify their 28K a month base maintenance cost...