Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Supplying Luddic Path / Pirates  (Read 3582 times)

Torchwood202

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Supplying Luddic Path / Pirates
« on: April 08, 2021, 05:51:57 AM »

So selling blueprints on the Black Market causes pirates to learn them, right?

I was wondering if whether or not pirates / Luddic Path (or any other faction for this case) become stronger if the player supplies their colonies.

We all know how profitable supplying the Ludds are, but does this make them any more dangerous? Likewise, if you disrupt major colonies, do these factions weaken in any way (like reduced fleets, ships with more d-mods, etc)?

Ryan390

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Supplying Luddic Path / Pirates
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 09:53:48 AM »

Really selling blueprints lets them learn it?!

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 12:29:04 PM »

If you sell any Blueprints in the blackmarket the pirates will acquire it.  Regarding the Luddic Path I"m unsure if their is a way for them to acquire blueprints.

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 02:46:05 PM »

Wouldn't be lore friendly if the luddic path started using paragon's now would it?
Pirates would use anything they could get their hands on but the luddic path is full on technophobic and stuff.

Torchwood202

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 04:52:49 PM »

No no no I meant by supplying Luddic Path colonies with supplies, food, drugs, heavy weapons, marines, etc. Helping them overcome their shortages. Does doing this make them stronger in any capacity?

Rising Sun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 04:41:45 AM »

Last save, 0.91, I keep selling LP soilder and weapon to make money and then build my fleet and colony. And then I decivilized their stations. Supply their short resources help them stable the colony but they don't seem to get stronger. You will get rich before they get strong, hahaha

GenericGoose

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 07:15:07 AM »

No no no I meant by supplying Luddic Path colonies with supplies, food, drugs, heavy weapons, marines, etc. Helping them overcome their shortages. Does doing this make them stronger in any capacity?
well, shortages affect colony stability, which affects the fleets the colony can make and some resources also directly affect the fleet power. however, I think that only affects in-system patrols and has no effect on trading, war fleets, expedition, etc, as those seem to be scripted, but im not sure. so, at the very least you're making them not-weak (until next time they get raided by pirates or factions). i dont think oversaturating a planet with stuff makes the fleets any bigger.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 07:34:51 AM by GenericGoose »

Realm

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 10:25:56 AM »

Supplying them helps the stability/economic maluses of the shortage, but I do not believe it would make them directly stronger as the vanilla AI doesn't upgrade their planets, except for when you sell them industry-boosters like Nanoforges and the plethora of new items added this update - which they will attempt to use in pre-existing industries. This can backfire on the AI given some of said newer items add insane demands for resources.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 01:36:56 PM »

Yes sir. 100% personally confirm this from many vanilla pirate friendly plays. They get scary strong with real ships. You can also make them stronger by selling a Nanoforge to their 1 ship producing planet on the normal market, they install it and pirate d mods start becoming rare.

GenericGoose

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2021, 01:47:08 PM »

Yes sir. 100% personally confirm this from many vanilla pirate friendly plays. They get scary strong with real ships. You can also make them stronger by selling a Nanoforge to their 1 ship producing planet on the normal market, they install it and pirate d mods start becoming rare.
I dont know about that. Ive explored more than half the sector and sold all the blueprints I couldnt learn. They should have a lot of ships, but I haven't seem them using those. They still mostly only use pirate ships. There are some pather ships. Biggest difference Ive noticed are fighters, those can get pretty scary, especially knowing how much pirates love their colossi. Maybe the bounties do? But regular pirate fleets mostly still use pirate ships.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2021, 08:20:30 PM »

I dont know about that. Ive explored more than half the sector and sold all the blueprints I couldnt learn. They should have a lot of ships, but I haven't seem them using those. They still mostly only use pirate ships. There are some pather ships. Biggest difference Ive noticed are fighters, those can get pretty scary, especially knowing how much pirates love their colossi. Maybe the bounties do? But regular pirate fleets mostly still use pirate ships.

The pirates raiding the system I'm in have an 2 Onslaughts.

Also I'm not saying I think this is how it works, I'm saying this is specifically how it works. You can likely find confirmation of this likely with a google search or w/e. It's not hidden information.

wei270

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2021, 06:03:35 PM »

yes supplying the pirates can make them stronger, Luddic path is harder because they are the only faction in the game that doesn't have a proper supply chain.

Pirate can take new blue prints as others have said, they also have a ship production facility that is constantly short of production inputs, supplying that planet with the material it need can keep its ship production going and there are two effects

1. more pirate ship will pratol that planet and the system
2. more pirate ship shipment will be smuggle out of that planet in to other pirate planets.

However the effect on the actually strengths of the pirates is VERY minor, because the bulk of the pirate fleet comes from the random pirate base spawn in the middle of no where, granted that base still supplies those bases but the difference with or with out it is minimal.

so the only effective way to effect pirate strengths is just to dump blue prints on the black market, and luddic path don't have access to this option either.