Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Revenant and Phantom  (Read 3213 times)

tseikk1

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Revenant and Phantom
« on: April 24, 2021, 03:03:28 PM »

Apparently they still count as both combat ships and phase ships for phase corps, weapon drills etc.

They are (still) classified as "phase(civilian)" in custom production and can't be viewed in either phase ships only or civilian ships only mode

Despite reporting this as bug quite a while ago (before the latest hotfix) this hasn't changed. This leads me to believe it's intentional. I wonder if that's the case? and if it is, why? They can't even equip weapons.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Revenant and Phantom
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 03:10:46 PM »

Less that it's intentional, and more that the latest patch wasn't meant as a panacea to all the current balance problems. I expect we'll see this addressed in... probably 0.95.1? I think that's how Alex is doing version numbers. (Reminds me of windows version numbers. Ninety-five is not the next number after nine! The current version ought to be 0.10, not 0.95! Raargh! What's next, version number NT?)

In the meantime, someone could probably mod something to help with this - maybe add a 'phase support' built-in to those hulls that - if you have combat or phase-ship limited skills - just increases the limit by that ship's deployment cost? Kind of a band-aid solution, but something along those lines shouldn't be too hard to make.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 03:24:29 PM »

I like to see if core worlds (well, Tri-Tachyon) will get the phase transport blueprints.  So far, only the random flashy guy offers (location of) blueprints for Phantom, and I am not sure if that is random varying by seed.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 03:29:59 PM »

You can find Phantom/Revenant blueprints/derelicts exploring randomly, and the historian can also point you towards the blueprints, I believe. But yes, considering the fact that both ships make reference to them being used by Tri-Tachyon during the AI wars in their description it's a bit odd that they don't actually know the blueprints.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 04:23:57 PM »

You can find Phantom/Revenant blueprints/derelicts exploring randomly, and the historian can also point you towards the blueprints, I believe. But yes, considering the fact that both ships make reference to them being used by Tri-Tachyon during the AI wars in their description it's a bit odd that they don't actually know the blueprints.
I meant a guaranteed source like at a core world's Orbital Works.  They can be salvaged... or not, just like pristine nanoforge.  I do not know if random flashy guy or the historian are guaranteed to offer those blueprints.

Flashy guy keeps offering me Phantom blueprint even though I already bought that option and found and learned the blueprint.  But it could be only on my current seed.  He never offered the Revenant blueprint.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 04:25:30 PM »

Some underworld contacts can have access to the blueprint as well; in my current game, I've seen no trace of either hull or blueprint in the wild, but was able to put in a purchase order for a Phantom.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 02:28:58 AM »

I got the Revenant blueprint in two out of my three games so far. Never seen hide nor hair of the Phantom.

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 03:52:17 AM »

I got the Revenant blueprint in two out of my three games so far. Never seen hide nor hair of the Phantom.

it's a better valkaryie that just has higher maintenance I think. I haven't seen any pirate bar missions for them, but I've already seen multiple duplicates in research stations

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 06:53:50 AM »

it's a better valkaryie that just has higher maintenance I think. I haven't seen any pirate bar missions for them, but I've already seen multiple duplicates in research stations
That is the Phantom, and it is much better than the other raider ships.  It has a hullmod that adds +200 instead of Valkyrie's and Colossus3's +100.  If player wants to bring raider ships but not several thousand marines, there is no substitute to the Phantom.

Revenant is the freighter and tanker combo phase cruiser.  I found the blueprint from a research station, but we all know that source is unreliable from game to game.

It would be nice if Tri-Tachyon, the one faction infamous for exclusive high-tech ships, had those two blueprints, if the blueprints flashy guy and historian offer are as random as loot from research stations and ruins.

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2021, 07:42:02 AM »

During my first and second 0.95 campaigns I found 1 Revenant and 2 Phantom. In the second campaign, one Phantom even had 2 (S) hullmods. IIRC, all those ships were kind of close together in a corner of the sector, in both campaigns.

Currently in my third campaign, I found one Phantom. This campaign is supposed to be a phase ship run, and since Phase Corps bonuses gets lower when having above 30-DP worth of phase ships, and since Phantom counts toward that score... it stays in storage. I had up  to 44-DP worth of real military phase ships for a while (1 destroyer + 3 frigates), now I'm at 91 or something with just 3 ships (1 capital + 2 frigates). The Phase Corps bonuses are reduced to about 1/3rd of their max values.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2021, 07:55:08 AM »

I have raided Culann three or four times, and I brought about 2000 marines and ten or more Phantoms.

Currently, I have 12 Phantoms, and I may build a few more as I gather more marines to raid Culann few more times for blueprints and the bigger worlds for their items.