Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 0 sensor profile isn't actually 0 sensor profile.  (Read 3276 times)

belone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
0 sensor profile isn't actually 0 sensor profile.
« on: April 07, 2021, 04:03:21 PM »

My fleet has enough phase ships that it's able to get to 0 sensor profile when flying without sustained burn, however patrol fleets are sill able to see them pretty easily, even with going dark.

If this isn't an intended feature, then I suspect that this is a bug with the sensor profile value going negative.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 04:06:51 PM by belone »

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 0 sensor profile isn't actually 0 sensor profile.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 04:12:17 PM »

The range at which your fleet can be detected is a combination of your sensor profile and the other fleet's sensor strength, so unless the opposing fleet also has 0 sensor strength your fleet is not undetectable. As for why your fleet is so easy to spot, I'm assuming it's because you're in a system where the opposing fleets benefit from a friendly Sensor Relay giving them +400/+700 Sensor Strength.

I believe that's how the game's mechanics work, at least.

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 06:20:48 PM »

Sounds about right. Sensor range is a combination of their proficiency and your penalty.  Perfect invisibility is impossible, but being unseen is still very powerful.

Chthonic One

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 08:11:51 PM »

I actually managed to plant a bug on a com satellite by taking out a single phase frigate to do the job and that was it. I did it even with 2 patrols circling it. They never saw me.

Yeah, you have to pay attention to their sensor range plus your sensor profile. You can use things like asteroids to help hide from them, and if necessary you can ping them to send them off in wild goose chases if you're fast and clever.

I've gone through to the end of the Ziggarat quest line using nothing but stealth, and now I'm stuck because there's a fight now that I'm not equipped to deal with XD. Serves me right I guess.

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 08:20:21 PM »

Quote from: Chthonic
I've gone through to the end of the Ziggarat quest line using nothing but stealth, and now I'm stuck because there's a fight now that I'm not equipped to deal with XD. Serves me right I guess.

Spoiler
I think most of the difficulty comes from the emp damage it spits out, using resistant flux conduits on your ship or other emp resist allows for much more consistent pressure to actually prevent recovering lfux
[close]

Chthonic One

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 09:51:05 PM »

Quote from: Chthonic

Spoiler
I think most of the difficulty comes from the emp damage it spits out, using resistant flux conduits on your ship or other emp resist allows for much more consistent pressure to actually prevent recovering lfux
[close]
Most of the difficulty came from the fact that my ships were dead before they ever got close. D:<

Maybe I'll try your suggestion though later.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 11:48:56 PM »

You don't actually have to fight it, just scan it and if your fleet is small enough then you can hit "disengage" and it will just let you go. That's enough for the objective.

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 05:31:45 AM »

There is a minimum sensor range where fleets will always detect within

you can change it within the settings config, iirc it is set to 50u.

F.B.I

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 05:38:02 AM »

jest get some crusiers and capitals so nobody will try to fight you

F.B.I

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 05:41:29 AM »

and get doom is like a devil so even if you enter into fight you will have the upper hand

F.B.I

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 05:42:06 AM »

doom is phase ship if you dont have or know

belone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 05:43:17 AM »

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 05:58:50 AM by belone »