Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: How fast does an Overridden, Unstable Injector Harbinger with an officer go?  (Read 1324 times)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile

The setup
Spoiler
[close]
In the material plane
Spoiler
[close]
While in phase cloak, wich translates to 538 space units per second at real speed. It's terrifying to watch it from another ship's perception of time.
Spoiler
[close]

I know it would be better for me to NOT have overridden it (I am also still missing two Burst PD lasers to slap in the back), but the memes could no longer be dreams and it's actually REALLY effective at hunting frigades and other phase ships. It is so damn fast it even accidentally rams the enemy's shields from time to time. Also, can we all agree on the fact that harbingers spamming "Systems Distrupted" on a single ship 4 times in a row is possibly even worse than Doom mines? It does look absolutely hilarious tough.

Post Scriptum: I am really tempted to give it 30 vents so that it can just vomit Heavy blaster projectiles (it can already win flux against most destroyers and cruisers already, wich is hilarious) but I'm scared the AI might just get stuck in one of those loops where the phase ship costantly stays in phase while INSIDE the enemy just to get out of cloak next to it and CROAK. WHat do you think I should do with the capacitors/vent balance? Just keep in mind I do not plan on assuming direct control of my phase ships anytime soon, I feel dirty enough already.

Post Post Scriptum: wait a second, does giving an Officer at the helm of a Phase Ship the Shield Modulation skill mean that they will dissipate hard flux while phased? can anyone confirm this?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 04:32:23 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile

System Override cheat must be Pather's Fleet only exclusive. This system really break normal game play as AI cant fight good enough against ships with passive vent and speed advantage. Playing vs SO full fleet is always a gamble as friendly AIs just lose ships while being surrounded without same advantage.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile

System Override cheat must be Pather's Fleet only exclusive. This system really break normal game play as AI cant fight good enough against ships with passive vent and speed advantage. Playing vs SO full fleet is always a gamble as friendly AIs just lose ships while being surrounded without same advantage.

It's not really a cheat per say, it's a hullmod just like all the others and there have been quite a lot of good ideas to balance it properly in a thread over to the Suggestions subsection wich I highly suggest you read!

The rebalancing options I personally liked the most from that thread were
1)reducing the effects of SO and its ordinance point cost
2)making SO take up two Integrated Hullmod slots instead of the normal one all other hullmods consume
3)making all integrated hullmods refund only up to a maximum Ordinance Point Value when they're integrated, meaning SO would give quite a lot less than 15/30/45 OP for free
4)Introducing a mechanic dealing hull damage and possibly even applying d-mods to Overridden ships if they overstay their time in the battle and get into CR degradation.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 07:26:33 AM by Arcagnello »

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Anything apart from the triple amblasters is considered heresy and direct offense of the Phase itself.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Anything apart from the triple amblasters is considered heresy and direct offense of the Phase itself.

But the AI is unitiated in the ways of the blaster, it does much better with more flux than brain cells so it can keep firing in the ass of the ship!