Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Story Progression????  (Read 5819 times)

Ryan390

• Commander
    • View Profile
Story Progression????
« on: April 03, 2021, 06:18:05 AM »

I've done the "Red Planet" Mission as that was the end of the story line from previous versions, but I believe there's a lot more now?

After completing that red planet thread, what next??

Checked on multiple bars on different planets, built up a pretty big fleet, got 3 colonies at decent size etc..
Completed loads of missions, explored all the back holes and most of the other stars are explored.

How do I advance? It's really unobvious, having to post or look for a guide online on how to progress is pretty poor to be honest.
I'm really not understanding why it's so hidden away and difficult to progress the story?

fastdino

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Story Progression????
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 06:21:03 AM »

Go to the academy orbiting the gas giant in galatia. Do some missions until you are friendly with with them, then they with give you a quest line.

Dex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 07:16:26 AM »

If you completed the tutorial at the start of the game, its kinda hard to miss...

Ryan390

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 07:24:07 AM »

I didn't complete the story tutorial at the start as I've done it about 20x in the past on other playthroughs.

Also wanted a tougher start this time with no early game boost.

This time around the playthrough was focused on areas around Tri-Tachyon and when they became hostile I colonized around the left half of the Core worlds.
I ended up pirating around the right side so never had any reason to fly into Hegemony space, seems it was there I needed to be, annoying!

It would probably be nice to have an RSS feed or some kind of popup hinting at where to pick up the next thread.

Thanks for the response though.

isyourmojofly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 02:44:16 PM »

Just want to say I had this problem too. I did a couple of Galatia Academy missions but I got some better offers from other factions, and haven't been back. Was wondering when the story was going to kick in!

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 02:45:48 PM »

The galatia missions have no timer so I just take all of them that get offered and then do them whenever its convenient with the other stuff I'm doing.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 02:46:19 PM »

I always skip the tutorial, and I had a bar "mission" that told me to go to the academy. It was highlighted, too.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 02:55:29 PM »

Where do you even start the Story?

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 04:23:05 PM »

Galatia academy can be started at any point.
A no tutorial start implies that you've already solved the crisis in the tutorial lorewise.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 12:00:18 PM »

I chose no tutorial option. THat doesnt affect any endgame stuff right?

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2021, 12:27:04 PM »

Nope, no change to the end game or the story line.  Story line after the tutorial is identical to no tutorial.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 12:49:24 PM »

Nope, no change to the end game or the story line.  Story line after the tutorial is identical to no tutorial.

Okay thats what Im asking, how do you start that?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2021, 12:54:42 PM »

Go to Galatia system and visit the station that is called Galatia Academy Station.
Not Ancyra...

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2021, 12:57:16 PM »

There's a station in orbit of Pontus (gas giant) in the Galatia system, called Galatia Academy station.  Select, "request a meeting with the provost" once you've gotten there.

After the conversation tree, you'll be given a new contact at the station, so open Comm Directory and talk to the contact with an exclamation point. 

Proceed to do missions for that contact.  After you've done enough mission for the contact (or maybe the right ones, not sure the exact trigger), the more story line heavy missions will start from there as well.

I'll note in my first run without tutorial, I also eventually got a highlighted bar mission randomly that directed me to that station as well, as I was ignoring the story line in favor of colony build up at the time.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2021, 01:06:13 PM »

Go to Galatia system and visit the station that is called Galatia Academy Station.
Not Ancyra...

Thank you! I started the campaign wohoooo  8)