Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [.95a] [linux] Trouble with alt-tabbing from fullscreen.  (Read 789 times)

theythem

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[.95a] [linux] Trouble with alt-tabbing from fullscreen.
« on: April 06, 2021, 04:26:23 PM »

When i launch the game in full screen mode, and then try alt tabbing it doesn't function very well.

I can tab over to a different window, but the cursor stays as the starsector cursor (instead of the default cursor) and i cannot click anything. I can type/use shortcuts on the new window as usual and it otherwise acts normally- except for the fact i cannot click anything.

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [.95a] [linux] Trouble with alt-tabbing from fullscreen.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 05:52:28 PM »

same in windows. i use two monitors. i ever make the  mistake of having my browser open but behind the game screen, i have to close the game to get to my browser.
otherwhise it works extremely well. like, it wont pause the game if i do someting on the secondary monitor, untill something  happens like i arrive at a jump point. then it will pause. very nice.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 05:06:04 AM »

Without knowing a bit more i can only speculate. Are you really switching to other programs or just see them listed? Without selecting program/window to switch to no switching is happened yet. Linux window manager probably not released game "window" on alt-tab and as it remains active/focused so mouse remains locked to it.

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 11:55:06 AM »

For what it's worth, on macOS I can't alt-tab at all. This has been the case since I started playing Starsector with version 0.8.1. I always play fullscreen. I only use windowed mode when doing some crazy testing.