Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Always hostile pirate ambush fleets cause huge reputation loss  (Read 673 times)

UlyssesB

• Ensign
    • View Profile

If the pirate faction is not hostile to you, and you are caught by one of the ambush fleets triggered by certain things like exploring derelict stations, and they are aware of your identity, moving in to engage will warn you against attacking a non-hostile faction. If you continue, you will lose a huge amount of reputation after the battle, turning them hostile again. However, this can be unavoidable if your fleet is too large to retreat. In this case you will be stuck in the dialog until you choose to attack and click past the warning.

Alternatively, if you are being chased by this kind of pirate fleet and they aren't aware of your identity, turning on your transponder will turn the pirate faction hostile, even though you haven't actually committed any hostile act against them and they're perfectly fine with knowing who you are as long as you turned on the transponder before they noticed your fleet.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Always hostile pirate ambush fleets cause huge reputation loss
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 05:55:22 AM »

Thank you for the report! And, ah. I see how this can lead to awkward situations.

I've logged the issue and I'll see if we can't figure something out here.

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 09:38:00 AM »

i had a simmilar issue with the lunatic church. they forced a fight on me i could not avoid, fighting then hit me with -50 rep. dont remember the details. probably during the story missions.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 05:57:20 AM »

i had a simmilar issue with the lunatic church. they forced a fight on me i could not avoid, fighting then hit me with -50 rep. dont remember the details. probably during the story missions.

Do you have more details about what happened? I could see this happening with a Luddic Path encounter, which I would consider acceptable for the most part, but
Spoiler
IIRC there's only one place where you might come into conflict with the Luddic Church - and there's an easy out
[close]

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 10:08:15 AM »

no sory. i am new to the game and its quite overwhelming at times.
must have been some instance where i decided to not pay a bribe, then the only option was to fight.
you can argue that i picked the fight then, but there is no going back on that decissions, and also: the other fleet attacked me at that point. it just does not feel right to get a rep for being attacked ;)

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 12:46:27 PM »

IIRC there's only one place where you might come into conflict with the Luddic Church - and there's an easy out

Spoiler
I don't think 100k credits is considered an easy way out.
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 12:59:51 PM »

(Let's please keep not-directly-bug-related discussion here to a minimum. It helps to have this portion of the forum be dedicated to exclusively bugs to make sure nothing falls under the radar.)