Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Empires Corps - an Audiobook that suits Starsector  (Read 453 times)

Mafa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Empires Corps - an Audiobook that suits Starsector
« on: April 06, 2021, 03:19:52 PM »

Hi all,

for a couple of weeks now I have been enjoying an Audiobook-series that fits Starsectors feel and lore so well that Alex might have been secretly involved in it. The series' name is "Empires Corps" and follows a battalion of Marines relocated to a remote and decaying rimworld as means of punishment.

While the first one or two books revolve around these marines struggling to gain a foothold on the torn and mis-governed Planet, later books shift to the sectors fate as a whole as earth continues to decay and loose grip on the fringeworlds. Whats left of the Administration and Force splinters and is left fighting for control over the remains. Eventually the books cover struggles with pirates, rival powers and managing worlds continually loosing whats left of the tech-base. Said Marines are quite similar to the Hegemony, but there are equivalents to most of the other Starsector-factions sans the remnants.

As a Audiobook its neat to listen on the side. I got mine on Audible, but if you would like to give it a shot you can find book one on Youtube - later volumes are available only on Audible.