Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Maximum d-mods?  (Read 1117 times)

keantmp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Maximum d-mods?
« on: June 15, 2021, 11:05:30 PM »

This is kind of a dumb question but is there a maximum of 5 d-mods now? I couldn't find an answer anywhere but that seems to be the case in my game.

More to the point, does this mean a ship with reinforced bulkheads and 5 d-mods will always be recoverable and never get any worse?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum d-mods?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 07:47:34 AM »

Yes but there are some mods that force 7.

keantmp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 09:15:19 AM »

Can you explain what you mean by force 7? Are there some d-mods that don't count towards the cap (Ill-advised modifications)?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 09:36:07 AM »

Can you explain what you mean by force 7? Are there some d-mods that don't count towards the cap (Ill-advised modifications)?
I think Nex and SWP have high value bounties that offer truly unique ships. Because those ships aren't found anywhere else, they are forced to be recoverable even if they RNG as not recovered. If that is the case, they come with 7 Dmods.

keantmp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 12:40:14 PM »

I think Nex and SWP have high value bounties that offer truly unique ships. Because those ships aren't found anywhere else, they are forced to be recoverable even if they RNG as not recovered. If that is the case, they come with 7 Dmods.

Ah, when you say "mods that force 7" the "mods" you're talking about are game mods, not d-mods. That makes much more sense lol.