Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I wish your contacts gave u military-grade production contracts more often  (Read 3177 times)

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile

I had this importance very high military hegemony contact and he finally gave me a nanoforge military contract where you can build ships from blueprints from the parent faction after 2 cycles of doing bounties for him and it was only worth 23000 ;(

I wish it was a standard mission suggestion im holding onto 5 million dollars and i want a dominator

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hegemony has many system patrol fleets with dominators. Wouldn't be the worst thing ever if one went missing.

No, really. Contacts give production slots and discounted ships too infrequently. It's better to just kill patrols to loot the ships you want and then use your contact to patch the reputation back up.

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hegemony has many system patrol fleets with dominators. Wouldn't be the worst thing ever if one went missing.

No, really. Contacts give production slots and discounted ships too infrequently. It's better to just kill patrols to loot the ships you want and then use your contact to patch the reputation back up.

wow never thought about doing that because i roleplay as loyal/nice to the faction im with and i try to make my fleets match the faction im playing

i just wish the friendly production contracts were more frequent and had higher limits because i dont enjoy or want to kill allies for their ships

maybe there could be a shipyard contact? so far the only hegemony contacts ive gotten are military and trade

Flying Birdy

• Commander
    • View Profile

I made a post about this regarding the black market arms dealers being too rare. Alex did respond- the weights assigned to it are the same as any other missions hence why they are kind of rare if you are specifically looking for something. (Source: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20375.msg312243#msg312243). He said he's working on it.

GenericGoose

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Yeah these gun deals/ship production contracts can ironically be rarer than what you want out of them. Maybe we could ask them to seek out specific missions for us at a certain relation level/for a story point?
Also in my experience, dominators are fairly common. I think league sells them too? Or maybe church. Hegemony also has a lot of markets, unlike, say, TT.... couldn't find a harbinger checking all their colonies multiple times. Check the bars too, you may get an offer to steal one or a production contract from a random guy. I've not tried it, but maybe you can just take missions and abandon them, slight relations hit, but maybe you can getore new missions?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 01:37:32 PM by GenericGoose »

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I agree that it would be nice to have more production opportunities (and more limit, you usually can't order a single cruiser). In the meantime though, nothing personal.

I'm confused though. If you are playing with a favourite faction, why not pick a commission and just buy as many dominators as you want from the military market?

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I haven't tried this new mechanic, it sounds rather frustrating.

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile

I agree that it would be nice to have more production opportunities (and more limit, you usually can't order a single cruiser). In the meantime though, nothing personal.

I'm confused though. If you are playing with a favourite faction, why not pick a commission and just buy as many dominators as you want from the military market?
hehe because the TRUTH is i want a dominator XIV mwahahaha

xiv ships dont really show up on the market but show up on the production contracts

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile

XIV ships do show up on military markets, maybe less often than normal ones but still. In fact, any ship you can order from a contact without providing your own blueprint can be found on the military market, they use the exact same list.

Flying Birdy

• Commander
    • View Profile

I haven't tried this new mechanic, it sounds rather frustrating.

Incredibly so. I looked around in my campaign run for cycles non-stop checking bars for a black market dealer to sell me an odyssey. Rarely did I find a dealer and even when I did they didn't sell Odyssey.

I ended up getting my odyssey through one of the elite independent faction mercenaries that are event spawned during the story quests. Even though he would normally leave players alone, I saw that he had an Odyssey and decided that I wanted his ships and blew him up.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 01:40:56 PM by Flying Birdy »

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile

XIV ships do show up on military markets, maybe less often than normal ones but still. In fact, any ship you can order from a contact without providing your own blueprint can be found on the military market, they use the exact same list.
I know but i guess in my game I can never find XIV ships in market not even an enforcer XIV i guess im just unlucky

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I wish you could just ask your contact to manufacture some stuff for you. They could do work for me sometimes, instead of me doing everything for them.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Sometimes the work you do for them boils down to saying "why, yes, I do want a pristine Aurora for 100k". And it improves your reputation, too.

GenericGoose

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I agree that it would be nice to have more production opportunities (and more limit, you usually can't order a single cruiser)
Depends on the contact. I think I had a max importance pirate underworld contact that gave me 2 million of production for "rare" ships and weapons. Got a harbinger and a paragon out of it and some other stuff.
Sometimes the work you do for them boils down to saying "why, yes, I do want a pristine Aurora for 100k". And it improves your reputation, too.
I think I got an onslaught for 88k with 1 dmod, easily fixed by a skill.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 02:09:01 PM by GenericGoose »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I wish it happened more than two times to me, and that these were rarer ships than two Enforcers.
Pages: [1] 2