Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What the Buffalo?  (Read 8177 times)

Nanostrike

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: What the Buffalo?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 03:51:53 PM »

It's a quick little mod, but this should make a few people happy:

Missileboats V 1.0

As someone suggested, I modified a Hammerhead and a Medusa.  The results are...explosive.

A quick clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNWNEAuD29Q

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 04:13:23 PM »

Nanostrike, I take credit for that suggestion ;D

Valhalla

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 04:46:42 PM »

It's a quick little mod, but this should make a few people happy:

Missileboats V 1.0

As someone suggested, I modified a Hammerhead and a Medusa.  The results are...explosive.

A quick clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNWNEAuD29Q

sdajhadsfgas i love you, all the space magic for you good sir/madam!

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »

*trying to picture a midline ship, bristling with missiles raining hell upon all that challenge it, whilst playing mozart*

Me gusta...

That More Weapons mod has a capship that will make you happy.
4 medium and 4 large missile, 2 of each on each broadside. I stack 8 pilums, it's beautiful to see 40 missile flying towards your target at once.
I have a missilebarge capship with ... 8 heavy missiles (9 if you use the center universal slot), and 12 medium missiles, half on each broadside. (and a tiny bit of supplimentary weaponry, including 2 forward facing light missile hardpoints)
It's even a midline ship!

Loading that thing up with torps is hilarious. You can fire out big fat walls of torps that can one-shot an onslaught (if they all hit anyways). (maximum number is 14 torps for 56000 damage... in one volley.)

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 04:59:36 PM »

*trying to picture a midline ship, bristling with missiles raining hell upon all that challenge it, whilst playing mozart*

Me gusta...

That More Weapons mod has a capship that will make you happy.
4 medium and 4 large missile, 2 of each on each broadside. I stack 8 pilums, it's beautiful to see 40 missile flying towards your target at once.

I love this ship... I always get one and make it my flagship... I get 4 pilums, 4 MIRVs and some kinetic weapons... So much awesomeness... Now if only I had a few more OPs for a extended shield mod...

Nanostrike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2012, 07:18:29 PM »

I'm surprised that there aren't actual Missile Boat type ships in the game yet.  They're pretty good.  They dominate smaller battles, but in long fights, run out of ammo.

Bakkebaard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2012, 07:34:41 PM »

Me gusta...

I was thinking more ride of the valks for some reason. Still great. Unless im being dumb and that is once of mozarts pieces, not really smart about classical music.

Ride of the Valkyries indeed isn't Mozart, it's Wagner.

OT: I really like playing with missile boats, but I like the the last part of the 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky(The adaptation of God save the Tsar) better for it with all the cannons fired. Preferably with a glass of brandy in one hand and a sigar in the other.

lStealtherl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2012, 12:24:54 PM »

Torpedo Reaper, 2x or 3x Salamander (1x Swarmer), 1x or 2x Railgun or Light Needler (1x Frag Bomb), any PD energy

Hunting capitals while fleet is covering me  8)

Tried to do Buffalo only fleet, but thats beyond my skills.

Temjin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2012, 08:10:25 PM »

I'm surprised that there aren't actual Missile Boat type ships in the game yet.  They're pretty good.  They dominate smaller battles, but in long fights, run out of ammo.

Any of the dual missile mount frigates will do in a pinch. The Lasher and Wolf especially are quite capable and carry enough missiles to make things difficult. Also, putting a Harpoon pod on a Vigilance along with a Pulse Laser is a blast.

ShinySpoons

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2012, 09:47:23 PM »

I like using Lasher's as missile boats. Load up the ballistic slots with bombs, and watch the sheet of explosives cover your target.

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Commander
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 10:19:01 AM »

you mean something like this?

I am Admiral Luna and this is my favorite game on the Internets.
"Captain! Pilum Missile's detected at 18 degrees starboard!"
"Thank you ensign, but I'm quite sure our Burst PD array can handle that"
(Chuckles around the bridge)
"It seems to be a volley of thirty-two, sir"
(Dead silence) ~ Zaga

Nanostrike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2012, 05:06:24 PM »

Any of the dual missile mount frigates will do in a pinch. The Lasher and Wolf especially are quite capable and carry enough missiles to make things difficult. Also, putting a Harpoon pod on a Vigilance along with a Pulse Laser is a blast.

Well, they have Missiles.  But the most they can carry is 5, with extended missile racks.  And the missiles aren't their "Main" armaments.  For a true Missile Boat...hmmm...

For a Frigate, I'd say it needs at least 2 Medium Missile slots or 4 Small Slots.  And the other weaponry needs to be limited to 1 or 2 weapons, max.  For a Destroyer, same thing, pretty much, only more and larger missiles because they're a bigger ship class.
Pages: 1 [2]