Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: This is just low  (Read 1190 times)

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
This is just low
« on: April 06, 2021, 10:01:21 AM »

When you beat a merc fleet with s-modded ships, recoverable ones magically lose them. So much for wanting cool trophy ships. Guess laming trade/colonies and buying stuff is simply better.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: This is just low
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 10:04:02 AM »

I imagine that s-mods get dropped so that people don't get mad about their trophy ships having suboptimal s-mods instead.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 10:06:39 AM »

I imagine that s-mods get dropped so that people don't get mad about their trophy ships having suboptimal s-mods instead.
I've found derelict ships with s-mods so on one hand I'm not so sure.
But on the other ships recovered from battle aren't really the same as procgen wrecks.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 10:07:32 AM »

Yeah, at the point where you are fighting mercs you can afford your own capitals. Restoring plain capitals isn't worth it given how easy they are to find on the markets. The appeal was to save story points by winning a difficult battle. And I also like to have "someone else's old ship" with weird mods I might not have considered myself. And also 3 suboptimal s-mods might be sometimes better than 2 best ones for those without T5L.

Carabus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 11:32:17 AM »

What are the S-Mods? I just started playing 0.95a, and haven't encountered them yet. Just curious. Couldn't find any info.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 11:33:22 AM »

They mean mod with story point, that show on the interface as green instead of red (dmod are red)

Ryan390

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 11:56:27 AM »

Don't think I ever won a ship with one of those. Plenty of bad ones (damaged mods) but never a so called S-Mod.

One skill I found useful was the one that lets you repair those penalty mods for free, over time. You can take a battered Radiant ship and fly around with it for a bit, till it's fully healed.
No need to ever renovate a ship then, unless your seriously minted and impatient!

Carabus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2021, 12:59:40 PM »

They mean mod with story point, that show on the interface as green instead of red (dmod are red)
Ah, these! Didn't know enemies can have them too. Thx.