Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: 0.95aRC12 Initial Resource Capacity Off After Battle, Mission CR Low After Refit  (Read 497 times)

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile

Found two minor issues, one I've seen throughout 0.95a up to RC12, and another I've been seeing since 0.91a:

In 0.95a RC12, immediately after battle, I hit Take All and the initial cargo limit is slightly higher than what it is after I control click to get rid of the excess. For example, I beat a large bounty, did not recover any ships, and my cargo was at 4967/5114. Since I expected it to be inaccurately high, I control clicked on the stack of metals, and the cargo limit dropped down to 4916.

Often when I loot past my capacity, I have to control click twice to get back to capacity, once to get to the initial limit which is higher than actual, and a second time to get to the actual capacity. This is with the Industry 1 Skill that gives up to 50% more capacity for cargo/fuel/people, which I suspect is related. I have had it happen with fuel before but it did not happen this time, and I'm not sure if this ever happened with crew/marines.

For the Mission CR Issue (Dire Straits and The Last Hurrah were great!), refitting ships before playing the mission can result in a couple ships with lower than normal CR. It's usually a 15% or so drop, even when I did a full strip and manually refit everything, but usually affects just 1-2 ships, and I tend to refit every single one. Rarely, a ship will have reduced CR even without refits. I saw this a lot in 0.91a, and I still see it in 0.95a RC12.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you for the reports, I've got them both logged to look at now.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile

Thanks David! I just destroyed a pirate station with no additional defenders (so no possible ships to recover-I lost no ships but lost 6 crew from fighter losses) and the initial cargo capacity afterwards was 5114 or so, then dropped back down to 5040 after I jettisoned a fuel overage. So it might not have to do with recoverable ships. On the other hand, I do not recall seeing it happen from salvaging debris fields.

Okay, different pirate fight now:

Initial Capacity after battle capacity:
5199 Cargo
3465 Crew/Marines
1761 Fuel

Capacity after moving some metal back into the "Salvaged" Screen:
5040 Cargo
3465 Crew/Marines
1995 Fuel

So cargo capacity went back down to normal, and fuel capacity went back up to normal.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 06:40:37 PM by WeiTuLo »

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Weird! Thank you for the follow-up: ah, you wouldn't happen to have a savegame where this happened to you handy would you? Might be a stretch, but maybe we could get something from it.

If you want to stick it on some filehost somewhere, that's handy, or you can send it to fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com w/ a note pointing to this thread, that'd be super cool.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile

I sent over an email with a save before a fight where that happens, the save after the fight, screenshots from the fight, and screenshots from the previous examples. Hope it helps!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Got the save, thank you! Will hopefully be able to check this out in the next couple of days.