Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I miss the mission boards :(  (Read 1242 times)

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
I miss the mission boards :(
« on: April 05, 2021, 10:14:41 PM »

Now that missions are only on bars, there are a couple problems.

1. It is not always obvious who you are working for, there is no information who is your employer.
2. There are way less missions, it is super hard to find appropriate missions to improve your reputation with a specific faction, sometimes all their bars are empty or have characters that is not of their faction.
3. When we had the mission board, you had a bunch of intel on the mission, like seeing it on the map and all, now we don't, the guy tells you the distance but doesn't tell you if it is on the left side or right side of the map, so you might end accepting a mission on the direction opposite the one you wanna go.

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
Re: I miss the mission boards :(
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 10:50:36 PM »

Mission board?

Plan9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 04:42:55 AM »

Mission board?
I think he means the random missions you could pick up from the hyperwave network before the bar/contact system that got implemented in the latest update.
I've started missing the previous system too. I was excited for the new bars/contacts but it mostly feels like a downgrade at this stage. Contact missions don't seem to scale at all except for, I suspect, the ridiculousness of the hostile fleets they spawn in on you;

This was for a dead drop mission with a payout of like 60k.
And the bar missions require way more work to find the mission type you're looking for, burning tons of fuel on sector-wide barhopping in search of work.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 07:10:04 AM by Plan9 »

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 05:27:30 AM »

It would be nice is the Intel screen could display missions from your contact while you are inside Comm range. Instead of travelling all the way to the market that contact is in.

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 07:02:49 AM »

Mission Board still exists though? I've picked up a number of exploration and survey missions alongside some bounties from the board on my way to the various locations for the Galatian academy. Unless you're talking about something a mod did in which case, then I donno. Agreed about not wanting to travel all the way to the planet a contact is in though.

Plan9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 07:11:43 AM »

Mission Board still exists though? I've picked up a number of exploration and survey missions alongside some bounties from the board on my way to the various locations for the Galatian academy. Unless you're talking about something a mod did in which case, then I donno. Agreed about not wanting to travel all the way to the planet a contact is in though.
The board only does exploration and bounties now, previously you could find all mission types on it.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 07:25:31 AM »

Some version removed the economy board, and now economic missions were removed from the mission board.

So now you have no way to plan your trade routes or pick what trade/smuggling missions you will do.

Also seemly I have some really bad luck and all trade missions offered to me require more cargo space than I have.