Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Luddic Path cells: How does one find them?  (Read 9138 times)

General Bubbles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Luddic Path cells: How does one find them?
« on: April 05, 2021, 03:16:26 PM »

This damn cell has been ravaging my colony for ages now, and there is no "intel" on their location. 

Is there some way to obtain the location of the Luddic Path base  Perhaps someone in a certain faction that can be paid for the location or something?

Thanks for your time!

Kaokasalis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Luddic Path cells: How does one find them?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 05:38:26 PM »

Pre-0.95a you used to be able to find the location of the Luddic path cells by visiting the bars on your colonies, not sure if that is still the case though. Do you really have no intel on them under "colony threat" or "Luddic Path"?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 06:02:22 PM »

Yup, it's bugged right now - the bar events for finding pirate/pather bases still exist, but are exceptionally rare rather than guaranteed.

Given that it is a bug, I tend to just use Console Commands to blow up the appropriate targets without having to find them first. (The openmarket command lets you interact with remote markets - which the pirate pop-up stations count as.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 07:38:11 PM »

Yup, it's bugged right now - the bar events for finding pirate/pather bases still exist, but are exceptionally rare rather than guaranteed.

Given that it is a bug, I tend to just use Console Commands to blow up the appropriate targets without having to find them first. (The openmarket command lets you interact with remote markets - which the pirate pop-up stations count as.)
That's what happens when you don't shield your reactors properly!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

D00D

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 07:40:20 PM »

Three ways excluding the Bar Event

1) Wait in Hyperspace and see which direction they are flying from.
2) Go to bars and pick up the Missions that either create bounty in a remote system or have a pather bounty. These more or less always spawn on top of the Patherbase and the ones close to you home is the one raiding you.
3) Take not of small systems around your home that has nothing in them, these tend to spawn Pirates/Pather bases.

General Bubbles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 05:32:33 AM »

Right! So I do have options! Albeit somewhat limited.

I did hang around outside of my system for some time, as I thought that would be a good idea to catch them before they got in, before I posted my questions, but.....they seemed to come from two different directions, both of which led to a vast array of systems, unfortunately, so I didn't know how to go about narrowing it down, without abandoning my post, which I was sitting at to at least scare off the tiny little groups that showed up every so often.

As for the console command option, if it stops them from cheesing my colony into a hellscape of chaos, I'm all for it, but I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, so if you could elaborate for me, I'd sincerely appreciate it.

Kinda wish there was an option to approach those Mercenary/Scavenger/Smuggler fleets and pay them for info, if they happened to pass by a system with Pirates or Luddic Path outposts in them, and logged the info as they passed by, as an alternative to the whole...Bar informant option.

OhFluxIt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 07:19:44 AM »

Makes me wonder what's the point of a Comm relay aside from stability, if no one is tracking communications. Scy Nation has an Intelligence center that saved me from most headaches. It's expensive to build and maintain, yes but you only have to put 1 down for every system you havr and it will track down anyone from any planet within the system it's on in 5 months. If pop one down early at least you have 7 months to ruin their day. Now I only have to worry about Hedgemony and other factions, seriously. I ONLY USE ONE ALPHA CORE and that is for the intelligence center and that is enough to get them sus, not even an AI admin.
 Hey I'm doing you guys a favor too by getting rid of Pather cells if I happen to be in your bar, where's my respect?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2021, 07:39:10 AM »

Makes me wonder what's the point of a Comm relay aside from stability
Stability.  Colony needs to stack as much stability as it can get to offset penalties from Free Port, Commerce, occasional pirate activity, and possibly Decivilized Subpopulation.  Stability is a very important stat, especially for defense.  Comm relay can do nothing else, and it would still be important enough to smash a Domain nav/sensor relay and replace it with a makeshift comm relay.

Also, bounty postings.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 07:42:22 AM by Megas »

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2021, 07:49:19 AM »

Makes me wonder what's the point of a Comm relay aside from stability, if no one is tracking communications. Scy Nation has an Intelligence center that saved me from most headaches. It's expensive to build and maintain, yes but you only have to put 1 down for every system you havr and it will track down anyone from any planet within the system it's on in 5 months. If pop one down early at least you have 7 months to ruin their day. Now I only have to worry about Hedgemony and other factions, seriously. I ONLY USE ONE ALPHA CORE and that is for the intelligence center and that is enough to get them sus, not even an AI admin.
 Hey I'm doing you guys a favor too by getting rid of Pather cells if I happen to be in your bar, where's my respect?
Hosting a router doesn’t stop people from using VPN to hide their trails.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Kohlenstoff

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2021, 01:27:07 PM »

Most important thing to handle pathers is allways visiting Bars and Allways talk to pather even if your colonies arent affected. Wait with destroying of known pather bases until they are targeting the colonies. Often the bar pather appears after that. So go to bars and you got the next base on your "to do later" list. Its also a good idea to have as much colonies as possible in as few systems as possible.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2021, 02:36:16 AM »

Lore wise the communication is of course encrypted or coded, plus you do detect that a pather cell is active on the planet. You just don't know where their physical support is coming from. Without a comm relay the people of your planet will have a hard time coordinating things with other systems, purchasing stuff, getting the news and such.

OhFluxIt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2021, 07:03:39 AM »

Lore wise the communication is of course encrypted or coded, plus you do detect that a pather cell is active on the planet. You just don't know where their physical support is coming from. Without a comm relay the people of your planet will have a hard time coordinating things with other systems, purchasing stuff, getting the news and such.

I was expecting these idiots to have their comms unencrypted because they hate tech...

But then again they hate tech so much that they only communicate in writing? like having a literal courier bring the message across on a piece of rock. yeah good luck detecting that with sensors.

I just wish Comms do more than just stability, I know, I prioritize stability. I always aim to have at least 13 stability in every colony so that if Ludds do anything, they can't do ***. And over 3K defense, good luck finding enough fuel for that with your jihad ships. but please can we "tune" in to them, rather than just listening to a general channel, we focus our sensors and computing power to find that one Pather who forgets to encrypt their connection, or a pirate.