Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: is there ever any content you have to use the neutrino detector to find?  (Read 3184 times)

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Honestly, black holes in general kinda need a pass.  Peeps have been dropping complaints/suggestions regarding lack of accretion discs, or lack of time dilation even though the game is capable of discerning/measuring radial distance and time (I myself have definitely complained about the latter).  Or even just that flying into a black hole DOESN'T kill you/your fleet.
The game is capable of simulating things at different speeds, but not everyone's PC is capable of that. It wouldn't be very fun, if your frames dropped to single digits if you got too close to a black hole.

I actually assumed that if I were suggesting that black holes be more realistic, it would therefore be more relativistic.  Ergo, time would pass the same for you/the player, but the REST OF THE game would speed up depending upon proximity to the black hole.  So a player might blow certain mission time limits if they were to fly too close to the sun a black hole.  However, depending on what else the game has to generally simulate behind the scenes, yes, it isn't impossible it might also slow the game down on older and/or crappier systems trying to calculate the occurrence of stuff faster.  But I digress.

Alex, just make Neutrino Detector useful again!  At least by allowing a player to ALSO get it from Galatian quest line, since I guess you can also get Tranverse Jump that way.  Or is that already in the game?  I wouldn't know, since I have rarely used Galation academy... low payouts and all.  And then also adding more stuff to do with it/use it for... dunno, maybe would also be more useful if suns also significantly reduced sensor detection, like magnetic fields.  But then again, since it only currently works by circumferential pointing, wouldn't work detecting stuff in suns without significant change (because the sun is always in the center of an orbiting system).
I wasn't always a Judge...

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile

You can get Neutrino from the academy if you are willing to suffer through fetch quests. It's the very first real reward, in fact.

Really, all I want is the detector to stop showing planets/stars. The only time I want to scan is when I'm in a giant system, but trying to figure out which signals don't come from any of the 12 planets makes it not worthwhile.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

You can get Neutrino from the academy if you are willing to suffer through fetch quests. It's the very first real reward, in fact.

Really, all I want is the detector to stop showing planets/stars. The only time I want to scan is when I'm in a giant system, but trying to figure out which signals don't come from any of the 12 planets makes it not worthwhile.

thats what i like about it... lol
its not hard to pop the sector map open & figure out what the false positives are. I actually find it a fascinating & compelling challenge in what would otherwise be a very boring mechanic
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It defeats the entire purpose of the ability - speeding up system surveying. Filtering out planet signals and false positives takes so much time it's faster (in real life time) to just fly around and sensor burst.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

i think its supposed to not be better than flying around & sensor bursting in normal circumstances
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then
Pages: 1 [2]