Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Market price madness  (Read 2503 times)

Chthonic One

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Market price madness
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2021, 03:40:44 AM »

I'm doing quite a bit better without the Apogee, and just sticking with a fleet of smaller ships now. Just felt like giving an update. Didn't take a commission, but I did do a lot of quests for the Galcian Academy, and then found a system with a Class 1, 4, and 5 world. Just unfortunately no places for satellites in that system.

Waystations did help a bit for refueling and restocking out there since the Academy kept sending me by there. They're pulling a profit now too. I have a few larger ships stored there, something I only learned I could do from when I found the finances screen and discovered I was being charged for storage space on my last game. Among them is a Sunder, an Onslaught, and a Conquest for when I have a decent economy rolling that I can start rolling with a bigger fleet.

I feel like I'm getting into the end of the Academy's questline though. They had me rescue someone using transverse jump, only to be shocked that I already knew how to do it, then I had to find someone, but before I got to the system where they were at, I had to lose a mercenary company who wanted to know where they were at too. I'm sure it wouldn't have ended well if I had told them, and their fleet did not look friendly to fight.

I also have this thing that seems to need a coronal extractor to operate. I have no clue how to build one or where to find one. However, I did get lucky and get 2 beta cores from the quests I did, and an alpha core from tech mining on one of my planets. I'm waiting to install those till I have the system better defended, so I'm not fending off raids that I'm sure will come.

If there's one thing I'm getting sick of is getting sent to systems with hundreds of remnant elites for these quests and having to hide from patrols while I do them. It's good money, but it gets old fast. I grow tired of hiding in asteroid belts, rings, and magnetic fields all the time. At least I'm seeing more of the game though.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2021, 05:32:11 AM »

...and then found a system with a Class 1, 4, and 5 world. Just unfortunately no places for satellites in that system
If you find an Alpha core, bring it with you and interact with the star (while flying into it). There should be a dialog option to create a stable point.

Chthonic One

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2021, 12:02:36 PM »

...and then found a system with a Class 1, 4, and 5 world. Just unfortunately no places for satellites in that system
If you find an Alpha core, bring it with you and interact with the star (while flying into it). There should be a dialog option to create a stable point.
Interesting. As I said, I got one from my tech mine. I was very lucky there. I also forgot to mention last night that I have sleeper pods in the system, and I didn't even know what they were for. I just left them alone because of the big scary ship guarding them. Just saw something about them.
Pages: 1 [2]