Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.97a] A New Level (Of Confidence, and Power) a Max Level Increasing Mod v3.2  (Read 299977 times)

pucin

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Good mod. Also need it for officers

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile

officers cap out at 8, and once you  mentor them(which you should be doing if only for selection purposes), they gain xp at crazy rates. Theres only 8 slots for skill icons anyway. After that, youll have to venture out into the wildlands to find better offices with more skills elited.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile

If I'm not mistaken level 35 is when we would be able to grab every skill in the game right?

Would it be possible to get a level 35 variant? or can i edit a level 30/40 variant to stop at 35?

Going beyond 35 seems pointless, as far as I understand it once you hit max level any addition xp goes towards addition story points, no need for any added skill points?

Found the config file, changed it to 35 on the standard variant and judging by the script, that seems to be roughly equal to xp needed at level 30 on rapid variant?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 02:47:58 AM by Plasmatic »
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

nomae

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Love this mod, been using it in my modded runs a while now.

Just thought I'd point out a bug I ran into in the 30 rapid variant.  Upon reaching level 18, it required over 8 million xp to reach the next level.  It also granted me over 8 million bonus xp from use of a story point a while before I hit level 18.  I'm guessing based on my previous progression that it's using the total xp required to reach level 19 as the difference between 18 and 19.

edit:  Just looked at the script, it's in fact just an extra zero added to the xp required for level 19 and 20.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 10:56:38 AM by nomae »

Panteradactyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Love this mod, been using it in my modded runs a while now.

Just thought I'd point out a bug I ran into in the 30 rapid variant.  Upon reaching level 18, it required over 8 million xp to reach the next level.  It also granted me over 8 million bonus xp from use of a story point a while before I hit level 18.  I'm guessing based on my previous progression that it's using the total xp required to reach level 19 as the difference between 18 and 19.

edit:  Just looked at the script, it's in fact just an extra zero added to the xp required for level 19 and 20.

Thank you. I would've never noticed that one my own; I don't use the rapid 30 variant, so I would have never encountered that. I uploaded a fix. And updated the metadata so it no longer has that annoying yellow color. If there are any other issues, let me know.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Loving the mod so far, I've used it for a while but haven't hit max level yet and I wanted to ask a question. I'm not super familiar with story points yet so this may be obvious and I just don't get it, but when you say "vanilla-like Story Point gain, even at level cap" does that mean its similar to having a vanilla level cap in exp cost to get a story point at max level when the required exp is much higher, like say 30 or 40?

My understanding is if the level cap (and thus the exp needed to level) is raised, then the cost to get story points at max level would also increase correct? Or have you made it so it isn't impacted by your changes to level cap with the mod?

Thanks for any help!

Panteradactyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Loving the mod so far, I've used it for a while but haven't hit max level yet and I wanted to ask a question. I'm not super familiar with story points yet so this may be obvious and I just don't get it, but when you say "vanilla-like Story Point gain, even at level cap" does that mean its similar to having a vanilla level cap in exp cost to get a story point at max level when the required exp is much higher, like say 30 or 40?

My understanding is if the level cap (and thus the exp needed to level) is raised, then the cost to get story points at max level would also increase correct? Or have you made it so it isn't impacted by your changes to level cap with the mod?

Thanks for any help!

TL;DR: I changed it so that the experience needed for story points at max levels isn't doubled over what you need for story points while levelling.

Long explanation of why that is/how the mod works:
Spoiler
In vanilla, you get 4 story points per level. Using a few examples to illustrate what I'll be saying: in vanilla, going from level 9 to level 10 takes 1,000,000 experience, so you get 1 experience point every 250,000 experience while at level 9. Going from level 14 to level 15 takes 2,000,000 experience, so you get 1 experience point every 500,000 experience while at level 14. However, once you hit level 15, XP_REQUIRED_FOR_STORY_POINT_GAIN_AT_MAX_LEVEL_MULT takes over, and multiplies that 2,000,000 experience to 4,000,000 experience, so, at level cap of 15, you need 1,000,000 experience points per story point, and it stays that way no matter how many story points you get.

In this mod, the standard variants at least, I've altered the levelling curve such that to reach max level (20, 25, 30, or 40 depending on the variant) it takes around 4,000,000 experience, and I've set the XP_REQUIRED_FOR_STORY_POINT_GAIN_AT_MAX_LEVEL_MULT to 1, so that, at max level, that 4,000,000 experience required per 4 story points remains 4,000,000 experience points, meaning that, exactly like in vanilla, it still takes 1,000,000 experience points per story point. The rapid variants have a slightly different set-up, and you only get 2 story points per level at max level, but you get double the bonus experience from using them, and each level only takes half as much experience, meaning that you still have the same overall rate of story point gain--1,000,000 experience per story point at or near max level. You actually get slightly more experience points with this mod, due to the fact it smoothly transitions up to 1,000,000 experience points per story point, as opposed to jumping immediately from 500,000 to 1,000,000.

If you need more clarification on any this, I'd be happy to explain. It's relatively simple, anyone could have made this mod, I was just the first person to make one public for 0.95. I figured that since I made the mod for myself, I could save other likeminded people the time and effort if I uploaded it where everyone could use it. That's also why there are so many different options--it saves someone else some time, and didn't take me all that much as I'd figured out a 'formula' for it.
[close]

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Thank you very much, thats exactly what I was interested in. I really appreciate the detailed explanation!

Heukaryote975

• Ensign
    • View Profile

officers cap out at 8, and once you  mentor them(which you should be doing if only for selection purposes), they gain xp at crazy rates. Theres only 8 slots for skill icons anyway. After that, youll have to venture out into the wildlands to find better offices with more skills elited.

There's a new mod called "Officer Extension" that does pretty good the same, you should try it ! :)

It's in the ModIndex, Utility mods !

Droll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I don't understand, how are people getting lvl 8 officers? I can't spawn above lvl 6 even with console commands and the highest I've actually seen is lvl 7 from pods.

Moth

• Ensign
  • Just a Moth
    • View Profile

hello i just wanted to ask if i could add this mod mid playtrough? i know for sure i prabobly can't remove it afterwards but im not so sure about adding it
Just a random Moth

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

hello i just wanted to ask if i could add this mod mid playtrough? i know for sure i prabobly can't remove it afterwards but im not so sure about adding it

I've added this mod to at least three in-progress playthroughs, and moved up the level cap by switching out the mods one after the other.  It swaps in pretty well.

Raif Redacted

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is there a way to adapt this with a x1.5 variant (essentially, smack between your two options)? If it's as simple as changing the exp totals in the LevelupPluginImpl file, I can just easily adjust it myself. Thought I'd ask in the case there's more to it.

TheShear

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just a note but it seems this mod has some funky interactions with Nex new Colony Income EXP. At some point when it was giving me Colony EXP my EXP simply exploded and I gained Max Lvl and over 2000 Story Points. When I temporarily remove the mod it doesn't happen.
I used the lvl 40 Rapid Variant.

mavenger

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Getting this error on main menu load when this mod is enabled. It's saying one of your derived classes isn't implementing an abstract method in one of your interfaces.

22799 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.plugins.LevelupPluginImpl]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.plugins.LevelupPluginImpl]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: File 'data/scripts/plugins/LevelupPluginImpl.java', Line 6, Column 13: Non-abstract class "data.scripts.plugins.LevelupPluginImpl" must implement method "public abstract long com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.LevelupPlugin.getXPForNextLevel(int)"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:226)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:178)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File 'data/scripts/plugins/LevelupPluginImpl.java', Line 6, Column 13: Non-abstract class "data.scripts.plugins.LevelupPluginImpl" must implement method "public abstract long com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.LevelupPlugin.getXPForNextLevel(int)"
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:10174)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:419)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:393)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$400(UnitCompiler.java:185)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$2.visitPackageMemberClassDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:347)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$PackageMemberClassDeclaration.accept(Java.java:1139)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:354)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java:322)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:224)
   ... 5 more

...however, this could be a me problem -- I've been having a hell of a time loading _any_ mods. So far, QoL works, but I can't get things like Nexerelin working; they're all having Java errors. Nexerelin causes the game not to load entirely (can't get to main menu).

So... not sure.

For reference: I'm using Windows 10 64 bit, i5-9600, RTX 2070, 64 GB of ram. vmparams set to use 6 GB of heap.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10