Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.97a] A New Level (Of Confidence, and Power) a Max Level Increasing Mod v3.2  (Read 299541 times)

enigma74

• Ensign
    • View Profile

any chance to update the malformed JSON for this mod for version checker?

Yes please update the malformed JSON. I think the mod still works but the error shows up (Level 40, non-fast mod)

Panteradactyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile

any chance to update the malformed JSON for this mod for version checker?

The mods work fine; but I'll have to figure out how the Version Checker works. I've been busy at work for a while, haven't had time for games. Wasn't even aware VC'd been updated for 0.9.5a.

Alisahah

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Spoiler
[close]
Uuh... help?
Since the only stats related mods is this one...and nexerilin i guess, but i've played multiple games with nex and this error never happen.
Am i the only one? anyone get anything similar to me? It's kinda annoying to see a long game save file just gone.

Fixed thanks to kind stranger, dunno why it happen though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 04:22:26 AM by Alisahah »

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile

Will this get updated once the skill rework is added to the game ?

Panteradactyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Spoiler
[close]
Uuh... help?
Since the only stats related mods is this one...and nexerilin i guess, but i've played multiple games with nex and this error never happen.
Am i the only one? anyone get anything similar to me? It's kinda annoying to see a long game save file just gone.

Fixed thanks to kind stranger, dunno why it happen though.
That's a new one to me; I've only ever seen something like that when attempting to edit the save file manually and I put in an improper data type or string. Glad it got fixed, but this mod shouldn't have the ability to malform saves, all it does is change some internal values to alter how fast levelling happens and increase max level; it doesn't touch how the game saves the actual character stats. If you have the original, broken save file I'd like to take a look and see if my mod actually could have futzed with it in any way.

Will this get updated once the skill rework is added to the game ?
Yep. Should be simple to just re-adjust the max level and experience needed per level, if that's getting adjusted at all, to line up with the new vanilla. I'll probably update the mod the day it gets released. However, figuring out what I consider "balanced" and giving a recommendation off of that will take more time; I'd made a "prototype" of this mod shortly after 0.95 released, so I had prior experience messing about with what felt balanced. The skill rework is fixing my primary complaint about the skill system in 0.95, so I'll have to play with it a bit and find what I think works best.

tl;dr: Yes, it's gonna be updated, most likely on the day of release.

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile

Just a note for anyone sitting on the fence between fast and normal, I'm 20 cycles into the game and hold 10 colonies making almost a million credits a month and I'm level 14.

Don't worry about fast being too fast, it's not.

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile

any chance you could make it so the mod also freezes the benefit decay on certain skills so we get them at full power regardless of level ?

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

any chance you could make it so the mod also freezes the benefit decay on certain skills so we get them at full power regardless of level ?

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20265.0

If you mean decay related to DP amount, this is perfectly compatible.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 08:22:54 AM by Kadatherion »

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile

This mod will enable me to make vulgar displays of power \m/
My Dwarf Fortress Mod: DESOLATION 1.5
My Channel: V. S. Cosplay

Muffinut

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Chiming in to say I appreciate you uploading this, and all of its variants. Level cap was something that bothered me in my first few play-throughs, so I appreciate you doing the work and compiling it for others.

Panteradactyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Updated to 0.95.1

If there are any problems, or if you need the old 0.95 version, let me know. I'll reply as soon as possible; usually within the day.

Harlequin

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The standard rate level 20 cap version of the mod does not appear in the mods list on the launcher when installed, although the standard 25 cap and accelerated level 20 cap versions show when I tested those.

Panteradactyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The standard rate level 20 cap version of the mod does not appear in the mods list on the launcher when installed, although the standard 25 cap and accelerated level 20 cap versions show when I tested those.

I forgot a single bloody quotation mark on the mod_info.json file. Fixing it now; this isn't even worth a version change.

vietcongbongdong

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Updated to 0.95.1

If there are any problems, or if you need the old 0.95 version, let me know. I'll reply as soon as possible; usually within the day.

Hello, I could use the old 0.95 version, if you don't mind :)

Thanks

epsilonflash

• Ensign
    • View Profile

hey there, I was wondering about something. in this recent update, story point gain after reaching max level has been made separate from the usual story point gain while leveling up

Given that one of this mod's original features was altering how story points were gained after hitting the level cap, will it still alter story point gain in the latest version? or will the new vanilla story point gain system take over after reaching the level cap?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10