Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: [0.97a] A New Level (Of Confidence, and Power) a Max Level Increasing Mod v3.2  (Read 306613 times)

AERO

• Ensign
  • Discord: aero.assault
    • View Profile

If anyone wants to fix their install of the mod themselves, it's easy. You can copy and paste three lines into a file and get it working. The issue is that 0.96a added a new method to the LevelupPlugin interface that specifies how much bonus XP multiplies XP gain after hitting the max level, with the new behavior being quadrupled gain instead of the usual doubled.

To modify it yourself, go to the A New Level of Confidence mod folder, and navigate to /data/scripts/plugins/LevelupPluginImpl. In this file, you'll need to insert the following code, I placed it after the method getStoryPointsPerLevel().

Quote from: IntelliJ
   public int getBonusXPUseMultAtMaxLevel() {
      return 3;
   }

Here is an example of what the code looks like using notepad++:

The default xp gain is 1x, so the return of 3 tells it that xp gain will be (1+3)x, for a total of 4x after hitting max level. If you want to modify that behavior yourself, putting 1 will set it to the old system, where bonus xp only doubles xp gain at max level.

This fix does not include any changes to the settings.json file, which I'm sure Panteradactyl will include as part of their official 0.96a compatibility update. In the mean time, this will let you use the mod again!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 09:58:01 AM by AERO »

Teikai

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Dam i dont get it to work, even manuell  :'(
Why isnt that a option in the menu of the pure game.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 06:01:58 PM by Teikai »

brunocss

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Dam i dont get it to work, even manuell  :'(
Why isnt that a option in the menu of the pure game.
Well, I have attached mine, if you are still in trouble. Search for the following code in the attached file, then compare it to what you tried to do in your file:

Code
	        public int getBonusXPUseMultAtMaxLevel() {
return (int) Global.getSettings().getFloat("bonusXPUseMultAtMaxLevel");
}

Or simply use the file itself - idk. It's the Standard Level 20.
Good luck.

travhill20

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Can confirm this code allows the mod to function. Be sure to update the version to .96a in mod_info also

Or simply use the file itself - idk. It's the Standard Level 20.
Good luck.
[/quote]

Inhilicon

• Lieutenant
  • I like when the ship
    • View Profile

So is the return of 3 what is intended or not? I don't understand. Does that mess up the XP curve or keep it as it should be?

AERO

• Ensign
  • Discord: aero.assault
    • View Profile

So is the return of 3 what is intended or not? I don't understand. Does that mess up the XP curve or keep it as it should be?

The return 3 is base game behavior. The base game allows you to change that value in the settings.json, which A New Level will (hopefully) let you do once Panteradactyl updates it, I just provided a quick fix.

ErwinsArm

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Sorry, been busy with work, didn't even know .96 released. I'll work on the mod tonight. Having to actually be reliable at work is horrible, I do not recommend it.

Ay men. Hold on and be well, the mod can wait 'til you're not swamped
+1 to this, we can wait!

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hello.
Is it planned to update the mod for the current version of the game?
Thanks in advance for your reply

SpaceshipCaptainYukari

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello.
Is it planned to update the mod for the current version of the game?
Thanks in advance for your reply
I also like for a Lunalib integration so that i can set the maximum level and leveling skill (with presets)

Panteradactyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Sorry for the delay in updating, it really was simple. I'm finished with the update, so let me know if anything's borked--I only had time for a quick playtest to make sure nothing was egregiously broken, unfortunately.

I'll be checking this thread ever other day for the next ten days or so, to see if there any issues I didn't notice, and fix them. Long term goal, once the fires are out at work, is to fiddle with the new method/API call added by the update, "getBonusXPUseMultAtMaxLevel," because I'm 99% sure I can use that to make a... better version of the fast variants. Also, seeing if I can make this work with Lunalib, because that looks neat and, if I understand it correctly, would mean I'd only have to upload a single file instead of 8!

GrandLabyrinth

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Minor issue, but "bonusXPUseMultAtMaxLevel":3 in the level 40 rapid settings config was missing a comma at the end. Don't know if it's like that with the other versions.

Sundae

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi, I just downloaded and tried to use the "A New Level of Confidence - 40 - Rapid" version of the mod but I got an odd error that won't let my Starsector start. I tried out the regular level 40 version and it started up fine. So it might be just that file?

Thank you for this mod, I've loved it for awhile now, just made this account to let you know about what I experienced.

Edit: Oh I was too slow posting, GrandLabyrinth figured it out. That fixed it for me. Thank you
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 09:31:54 PM by Sundae »

Uxion

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Received following error for 40-Rapid:

Code
Fatal: DIRECTORY [[color=red]path to mod[/color]](data/config/settings.json) Expected a ',' or '}' at 82 [character 2 line 6]

This is the line in question:
Code
# for building in s-mods 

Judging from things, it looks like all '#' comments will all cause the same issue.

Panteradactyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Minor issue, but "bonusXPUseMultAtMaxLevel":3 in the level 40 rapid settings config was missing a comma at the end. Don't know if it's like that with the other versions.

...yeah it is, all the fast variants. Crap. Well, time to reupload the entire thing.
And it's fixed.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 01:39:15 AM by Panteradactyl »

Kinsume

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Edit : Nevermind I see the links were updated just today! Thanks a ton, its such a handy mod. Someone previously mentioned it, but honestly changing the max level should be a setting in vanilla imo. Personally I just feel like level 15 forces you into a specific playstyle as the bottom tree is just too good to pass up for quality of life stuff.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 12:25:58 PM by Kinsume »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10