Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: [0.97a] A New Level (Of Confidence, and Power) a Max Level Increasing Mod v3.2  (Read 308282 times)

Sundae

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Minor issue, but "bonusXPUseMultAtMaxLevel":3 in the level 40 rapid settings config was missing a comma at the end. Don't know if it's like that with the other versions.

...yeah it is, all the fast variants. Crap. Well, time to reupload the entire thing.
And it's fixed.
Thank you for being so active. =D

Strato

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is this mod able to be added to an existing save?

Panteradactyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is this mod able to be added to an existing save?

Yes! And removed or changed to a different variant as well. It is safe to assume any mod in the 'utility' section of the Mod Index will be like that, but it's always good practice to make a backup save before activating/changing/removing any mod, just in case.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 11:16:23 PM by Panteradactyl »

trucane

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Any reason why the different max level variants level up at different speeds? Mistake or intended because isn't that what the standard and fast variants are for? I first tried to use the max lvl 20 standard version and ended up with lvl 16 in my save game. Then I tried the max lvl 25 standard version and instead ended up at lvl 18.

Checking the settings I quickly noticed that the exp needed for level ups were quite a bit less with the max lvl 25 mod than the lvl 20.

Also I would love to see a even slower version than standard vanilla leveling. The concept of maxing out your level sucks to be but I personally wouldn't mind if it was really slow leveling past the vanilla max level

Panteradactyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Any reason why the different max level variants level up at different speeds? Mistake or intended because isn't that what the standard and fast variants are for? I first tried to use the max lvl 20 standard version and ended up with lvl 16 in my save game. Then I tried the max lvl 25 standard version and instead ended up at lvl 18

Yes, there is. Without a way to completely decouple story point gain from leveling up, the only way to make story point gain... 'balanced' in comparison to vanilla, while also staying close-ish to vanilla style-levelling, is to smoothly transition from low experience required to high experience required. And the different level caps means that you end up with different rates. I tried to keep them as close together as possible, and switching between the two won't cause any problems. Let's say you're using the max 25 and switch down to max 20, you'll still be at the higher level, you'll just have an experience defecit to makeup until you can start levelling up again.

When I first made this, I really made it for myself and only myself, but figured that if I went through the effort of coming up with a 'balanced' max-level increasing mod, I might as well upload it. And then I figured "well, I already have a good system for figuring out what a 'balanced' leveling rate is, why don't I apply it to other increments of 5 and upload those?"

sulo1719

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] A New Level (Of Confidence, and Power) a Max Level Increasing Mod v3.1
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2023, 05:08:06 AM »

standard lvl 25 download link doesn't work.

Panteradactyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] A New Level (Of Confidence, and Power) a Max Level Increasing Mod v3.1
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2023, 10:15:20 AM »

standard lvl 25 download link doesn't work.
The download is linked and set up correctly on my end; what's happening when you try to download it?

lonmwe

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Nice work, appreciate the options.
And a merry xmas to you, bud!

Panteradactyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Nice work, appreciate the options.
And a merry xmas to you, bud!
Merry Christmas to you to as well, and a happy new year!

RASTIL

• Ensign
    • View Profile

After testing out all the versions I like lvl 20 cap the most (non rapid). Anything more and i feel guilty lol. Quess I am just jelous of my officers red skills after all. Great mod, never had any problem with it.

quirkz

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Any word on an official update for r97 ?
I'm testing just changing the version, and hoping nothing explodes

Lephim

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Any news captain? Have you exploded?

Panteradactyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Been busy with work, sorry. I didn't even know there was a new release until now.
It works as is, zero changes necessary, aside from metadata changes to let the game know it'll work. I'll update the file as soon as I can.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Can confirm on standard 20 and 25.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile

Been busy with work, sorry. I didn't even know there was a new release until now.
It works as is, zero changes necessary, aside from metadata changes to let the game know it'll work. I'll update the file as soon as I can.

Good day Panteradactyl! Thank you very much for this! Your mod is a must have!
I hope you update your mod to 0.97a if you're not busy anymore.  :D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 10:19:27 PM by Gris »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10