Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.95a - RC12] - Gateways can't be activated  (Read 743 times)

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.95a - RC12] - Gateways can't be activated
« on: April 04, 2021, 05:35:48 PM »

I think there might be some sort of bug during the quest to scan 6 gateways.  Aztlan & Zagan were otherwise occupied at the time, so I just went elsewhere to make up the 6 gateways for the quest. 

Now with the gateway network up and operational, I can't activate those gateways as I get a message about them being otherwise occupied when they are not.  Zagan was the one that convinced me this was a bug since it is refusing to scan on the basis of a civilian fleet directly above the gate....which is clearly not the case anymore.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a - RC12] - Gateways can't be activated
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 05:41:23 PM »

Yeah, very much a bug - fixed in the next build!

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 07:10:05 PM »

Yeah, very much a bug - fixed in the next build!
Cheers, I really need to look closer to find a bug that has yet to be squashed! :D

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 09:29:54 AM »

i had the same issue and reloaded a (much) older safe.
as a workaround one can activate all the gates before testing the device in the remote sector, though this means one has to bribe all the "neutral"fleets.
when i did that i also missed one gate, but i could activate it later just fine. i think it might be because that time i did not right click the device but still had it in my cargo. not sure about this second workaround, but i am to lazy to test it.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 10:43:27 AM »

Got 2 distant gates on the edge of the sector bugged due to this. Basically either you encounter all possible forces at 6 gates or some distant gate will be bugged after completion.