Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Inimical biosphere and Habitable can be on same planet, descriptions contradict  (Read 1048 times)

itchylol

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Not really a gameplay affecting bug but it makes no sense from a lore perspective. Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/XgU2u6f.png

Loyd the Highwayman

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I kindda makes sense, in my opinion. Inimical biosphere doesn't actually refers to just bacteria and microorganisms only, despite the description stating that settlers should follow strict quarantine protocols. Usually the biosphere itself can refer to animals too, while an inimical biosphere means that its dangerous for a human perspective. So, the planet might have a breathable atmosphere, yet filled with space dinosaurs, xenomorphs, giant spiders, or super cannibalistic monkeys, etc.
For example, have you heard fo the Dune series? Looking t it like if it was a planet in Starsector, its a desert/arid planet with barely breathable atmosphere where humans might live, but it is also infested with giant Sandworms that might eat your house, with your mom still on it. Sandworms are technically part of the biosphere of Dune, thus making the biosphere very hostile to human life, thus making the biosphere itself inimical.