Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Keyboard problem  (Read 390 times)

Datz2Ez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Keyboard problem
« on: April 04, 2021, 05:30:46 PM »

Hi,

I just purchased the game. I'm on Ubuntu 20.04. I use DVORAK as a keyboard layout, so I'm used to switching to a QWERTY layout before opening a game.

Now the super weird thing, is that even if I boot it with the QWERTY layout, it still loads my DVORAK! I even tried rebooting my laptop in QWERTY mode, deleting the game folder and unpackaging it again... I still end up with the DVORAK layout lol.

Any idea on how I can resolve the issue?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Keyboard problem
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 05:43:09 PM »

Huh... I hope someone with more knowledge of desktop Linux can chime in. Unfortunately, I'm at a loss as to what to suggest.

(You *should* be able to rebind all the combat keys, though! And aside from that, I don't think anything should be particularly uncomfortable with the DVORAK layout. Maybe not optimal, but not on the level of WASD in combat.)

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Keyboard problem
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 04:59:39 AM »

Just did a little test - on my system with KDE game uses primary layout as input regardless of secondary,tertiary etc. chosen in window manager. So set qwerty as primary temporarily and test if it is working properly.