Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: [0.96] Cooperative Multiplayer Combat v3.8 (2023-08-26)  (Read 188309 times)

Valinra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Cooperative Multiplayer Combat v3.7 (2021-04-29)
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2023, 01:08:58 PM »

Sorry for the Necro anyone seeing this because of it. I'm having issues with "Insert"ing player 2. I Changed the key to see if that works and have tried many times to get it to work. Before I assume this mod is broken by the sands of time, when do you push the insert button exactly on the deployment screen?

This coop combat mod still works.  Are you using the default configuration?  Use it by pressing the Player2 key when combat starts.  Try it in the simulator and make sure you have two ships deployed.
I was and did, nothing happened/worked. I tried every combination, the AI remains in control and I tired switching keys afterwards. Do I click on the ship I want player 2 to take over on the overview map? Like play by play me every click and button please.

TheBaron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2023, 10:23:06 AM »

Will this be updated for the new patch, or will it work still with .96? I'm new to starsector and wanted to play this with a friend, but I saw that this wasn't up to date

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2023, 09:43:20 PM »

Will this be updated for the new patch, or will it work still with .96? I'm new to starsector and wanted to play this with a friend, but I saw that this wasn't up to date

It should work, but I'll formally update it in the next few days.

popoSK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2023, 03:34:47 AM »

Hello, me and one of my mates have been playing with your mod for a long while now, and we have been enjoying it a lot. Although we have encountered an issue that has been complicating our gameplay a lot.

Somehow, the key binds  (which we modified) for player 2 decide to partly turn off from time to time, seemingly the bigger the battle the more often it occurs. In big late game battles it usually is every 30 seconds. It seems that after a while of not doing anything, the controls turn back on, but with Flux/Shield management, firing weapons and sending aircraft, few seconds can result in a death. What seems to be turning on the controls right away is Alt tabbing the game. Weirdly enough, on custom key binds, maneuver controls seem to remain on, while all the rest are doing the above described shenanigans. On default key binds the opposite seems to happen, with maneuver controls turning off, while stuff such as shields or weapons seem to work just fine.

What we have tried to do to fix the issue:
Test for latency (We are playing through Parsec) - Didn't change anything. Tried to play with a friend from the same city, and it still did happen.
Redownload the mod
Change the controls
Restarting

What we have found mitigates the issue completely (From the little testing we have done with the new controls), is changing only the movement keys from the default key binds. We are still unsure why, cause this is very weird. 

We are playing the newest version of the game, that is heavily modded.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2023, 07:53:13 AM »

potentially dumb question, sorry if ive already asked it; is there any chance you could make the AI shield control into its own mod? ive always really wished i could just relegate management of my shield to a subordinate. i know theres a QOL modpack that adds a form of this but its a bunch of highly specific implementations that are dependant on player micromanagement & adds a lot of hotkeys for swapping between them which kind of makes it more micromanagement when what im looking for is less
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96] Cooperative Multiplayer Combat v3.8 (2023-08-26)
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2023, 02:23:20 PM »

Version 3.8 released
 * Updated for StarSector .96a
 * Now uses LunaLib for key configuration

facc00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2023, 05:08:51 PM »

So this allows players to play in combat but do they also show up on the main map?  Is it possible to basically mod in a co op?  Thanks in advance.  :)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2023, 06:23:12 PM »

So this allows players to play in combat but do they also show up on the main map?  Is it possible to basically mod in a co op?  Thanks in advance.  :)

Unfortunately not.

facc00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2023, 06:24:09 PM »

Unfortunately not.

worth asking.  A co op would certainly be fun in the game.  :)  Thanks for the work you have done so far!

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2023, 12:46:13 AM »

Unfortunately not.

worth asking.  A co op would certainly be fun in the game.  :)  Thanks for the work you have done so far!

It's a game with an active pause mechanic and 10+ minutes long fights and refits. How do you imagine fun in this kind of coop?

Mitroll

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2023, 05:05:36 PM »

How do I set up player 3's controls in the new lunalib version?

Mitroll

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2024, 03:13:27 PM »

Firstly, this mod seems to still work in .97, though I still don't know how to add a player 3 in the new version.

Second, would it be possible to play the "shields up/down" sound effects for players other than player 1? I find myself losing track of whether my shields are up or down when toggling as player 2.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]