Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.95a RC12] Flying through gates after enabling Janus Device does nothing  (Read 5210 times)

vane79

• Ensign
    • View Profile

If it's important, after acquiring Scylla's friend I declined the friend's offer to use Janus Device and went to the academy normally. Then, the quest finished without problems and I received the Janus device. If I use the device, it's consumed, but flying through the gate does nothing. I'm attaching my mod list and a save file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6azvjdk4b9u23g/save_Jaina_3313419219203492229.rar?dl=0

[attachment deleted by admin]

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile

IIRC, that is as far as the main story line goes right now. You are trying to jump into a chapter that is unwritten.

vane79

• Ensign
    • View Profile

People on discord say the gates should work. In my savefile they don't.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you for the save and mods, I'll take a look.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Had a look; should be fixed in the next build.

For now: if you run the game in devMode (via changing it to true in settings.json) and interact with a gate, there should be a dark-gray option to set it so that the player can use gates. If you toggle that on to true, you should be able to use the gates in your save from that point on.

vane79

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thank you!
Was it something with my actions, or my mods?
Or was it totally random chance?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 08:37:33 PM by vane79 »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

It was a vanilla bug related to not taking the Magec gate out of Magec.

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile

Had a look; should be fixed in the next build.

For now: if you run the game in devMode (via changing it to true in settings.json) and interact with a gate, there should be a dark-gray option to set it so that the player can use gates. If you toggle that on to true, you should be able to use the gates in your save from that point on.

im quite sure i tried this when i encountered this bug and it did not work.
in my bug, i could not interact with the gate because the game wanted me to get rid of a non-existing fleet first. i tried dev mode, but it did not give me an option to activate the gate. other gates outside the core worlds had this dev mode option, but then, i could activate these just fine without dev mode anyway.

jwarper

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is this bug still open?  I just encountered the exact same issue in RC 14

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

It's fixed (or really should be - verified it several times), but the fix wouldn't apply if you completed the quest prior to -RC14. If you still have the Janus Device in your inventory, though, you should be able to right-click on it and this should take care of things.

Well - can you clarify exactly what issue you're having? Since the one in the post immediately above yours is a different issue to the one being talked about in the rest of the thread. That one should also be fixed, though.

jwarper

• Ensign
    • View Profile

It's fixed (or really should be - verified it several times), but the fix wouldn't apply if you completed the quest prior to -RC14. If you still have the Janus Device in your inventory, though, you should be able to right-click on it and this should take care of things.

Well - can you clarify exactly what issue you're having? Since the one in the post immediately above yours is a different issue to the one being talked about in the rest of the thread. That one should also be fixed, though.

Hi Alex, I had RC14 installed when I was doing the "At the Gates" quest line.  When it came time to flee the Magec system, the quest log says "Go to the Magec Gate"   Going there and trying to interact with the gate gives only one option - "We're not done in the Magec system."   There is no Janus device in my inventory.   I then installed RC15 and get the same results.  Let me know if I can provide any other info.  I am using only a single mod (Adjustable Skill Thresholds 1.0)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hi - so, right, this is fixed in RC15, but only if you're a step or two before the state your game is currently in. But, not to worry! If you just fly back to the Academy the normal way and complete the quest, it'll work fine and your save will be in a good state.