Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Special colony item for Volturnian Lobster breeding  (Read 2141 times)

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
Special colony item for Volturnian Lobster breeding
« on: April 04, 2021, 02:39:17 PM »

As title says.  Add a special item that allows Aquaculture on a Water world to produce lobsters (maybe equal to its current Food production), replacing Volturn's special planetary condition with it.  Perhaps also have a building cause worlds to demand said lobsters so we can actually make profits on selling them.  Either a unique AI world only fluff industry, or just bundling that with colony's "Population Infrastructure" industry on worlds that are large enough would work (the upper class loves their exotic foods).

That... is pretty much it on the suggestion.  Honestly, all I want to do is corner the Lobster market.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Special colony item for Volturnian Lobster breeding
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 04:28:47 AM »

The Terraforming and Station Constructing mod (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17094.0) adds the possibility of stealing lobsters to seed another ocean world, but dunno how much of that mod is or will be changed due to 0.95 update.  Plus apparently the game is designed to handle lobsters as only a commodity that you have to manually buy and sell.  Captured Volturn using Nex mod in 0.91, found out that lobsters don't really pay the bills like you would think... although how game treats lobsters may have been improved now in 0.95 (ie, maybe no longer don't have to just take whatever lobsters in supply to resell and repay base cost at end of month).
I wasn't always a Judge...

Dex

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Special colony item for Volturnian Lobster breeding
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 07:04:49 AM »

I found lobsters somewhere in 95. their base is about 100 sale but there was a place.... independent i think? so ill pretend its maxios, were offering nearly 400 each. Which was nice.