Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Important] 0.9.5 RC12 mission sequence break  (Read 1395 times)

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[Important] 0.9.5 RC12 mission sequence break
« on: April 03, 2021, 08:46:19 PM »

As attachment.
My storyline mission broke at this point. No further mission is available.

This may be triggered by using transverse jump into alpha site due to an unintended survey mission pointing toward alpha site. I recovered the story venture and returned it as intel suggested.
I have a save right before this nullpointerexception happens, so I hope my save is not completely broken after this is fixed.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [Important] 0.9.5 RC12 mission sequence break
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 09:23:58 PM »

(Got your save, thank you! Will check this out tomorrow.)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 02:35:49 AM »

I actually found the alpha site completely unaided, by chance.  I salvaged the Hamatsu and visited the Alpha Site planet, but did not try to interact with the Ziggurat.  Later, the mission that Sutopia NPE'd worked fine for me.  Not sure what's different.

Europa Jupiter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 04:08:17 AM »

I will just chime in to tell that THIS is exactly the thing that happened to me in my previous bug report. I didn't even knew that it is somehow tied to that Alpha Site, which I discovered just by flying there (I was 100% sure that such places were added into the sector and are randomly generated across all space and I was super lucky to find one). However I will add that I got in there, gathered loot from the Venture and DID NOT recover ship itself. Insted I jumped back and proceded with my stuff. And yet "null" thing happened. Just saying this here.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 04:49:17 PM »

Based on some investigation, it looks like this was caused by accepting Callisto Ibrahim as a contact after delivering the Hamatsu to her, and then doing "delete contact". @Europa Jupiter: Does that sound like what happened in your case?

cptshitacular

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 10:30:53 AM »

assuming it would fix this, does anyone know how to re-add a deleted contact and make them active again?