Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: [0.97a] Furry Portrait Pack v1.18  (Read 123199 times)

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Furry Portrait Pack v1.12
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2022, 11:07:54 PM »

Also, that was probably the wrong wording, XD but I was asking if you would later do exclusive furry races for each faction? Most would be diverse, I'm sure, Hegemony obviously, but I like the idea that Ludd could be mostly governed by mice with a smattering of diversity, and Tri-Tach are mostly snakes, for instance.

The portraits in this pack are almost entirely art that is owned by other people, who sent it to me to add it to the pack. The only art I commissioned to put in here was my own- unless you're going to chip in about forty bucks a portrait then it's gonna remain as "whatever people send me".

Bob69Joe

• Lieutenant
  • Steam: Herr Derrierr with the tiger picture
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Furry Portrait Pack v1.12
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2022, 07:46:09 PM »

I am tempted, perhaps down the road. In fact, Ludd would obviously be awesome as gerbils, specifically. :) I'm seeing birds of paradise and raptors for Persean.
Search = 'site:cakravartin.com Hermetic Tradition'

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Furry Portrait Pack v1.14
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2022, 06:43:36 PM »

Updated again. Up to 115 portraits at this point. Also changed the rules for submissions to make updates a bit easier on me.

Rules for submissions:
- Send me a 128x128 png. Images must be color and should include the head and shoulders on a black background. See the portraits in the pack for examples.
- Images should meet some minimum standards of quality, and should be drawn/painted, not pixel art. See the portraits in the pack for examples. I'm not saying you need to go out and spend $600 on an oil painting of your fursona, but it should be at least decent.
- Also send me something to indicate that you actually own/commissioned/drew whatever you just sent me. Credit will remain anonymous unless you specifically ask for it in there.
- I don't care if the original image is SFW/NSFW as long as the cropped version is unarguably SFW.
- Tell me what faction(s) you want your portrait to be in. I'm not going to add your art to a modded faction unless the author's given permission for me to add portraits (apex design, exalted, keruvim).
- Tell me whether you want masculine or feminine pronouns. This will determine what pronouns the game uses in dialogue for players and NPCs with your portrait. (Starsector's dialogue scripting doesn't support gender-neutral or other pronouns, so you have to pick between masculine/feminine.)

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Furry Portrait Pack v1.15
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2023, 08:42:16 PM »

New version, new portraits. Removed AI-generated portraits due to both the plethora of community-provided portraits and a desire to support actual artists. Should be save-compatible, though removed portraits will show as a black square. Did some minor readjustment of factions to even out the portraits per faction. As always, you can download it from the first post.

gotry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2023, 10:21:15 AM »

WHEN?

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2023, 12:04:09 PM »

I know it's a furry portrait pack, but that's not an excuse to act like you lived your entire life in a zoo.

Maybe ask politely, and learn what "patience" means?

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2023, 12:50:53 PM »

Also, like, today. Portrait packs use some of the simplest implementation in the entire game, utilizing formatting that hasn't changed for essentially a decade. The pack will work just fine in .96.

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2023, 01:16:43 PM »

Would've been better to just leave him in the dark tbh.

gotry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2023, 03:08:52 AM »

Also, like, today. Portrait packs use some of the simplest implementation in the entire game, utilizing formatting that hasn't changed for essentially a decade. The pack will work just fine in .96.

oh huh, didn't realize i could just edit the mod_info.json to the current game version. works fine, thanks!

Jibbly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2023, 01:24:35 AM »

I know it's a furry portrait pack, but that's not an excuse to act like you lived your entire life in a zoo.

Maybe ask politely, and learn what "patience" means?

I know it's a furry portrait pack, but get off your high horse.

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Furry Portrait Pack v1.16
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2023, 10:33:35 PM »

WHEN?

easy there, killer, all you had to do was change the version number in mod_info.json

anyway that's what I've done (also added a few new portraits that were waiting for a release), you can grab it from the first post

mrs edgewick

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2023, 02:00:55 PM »

Ah, lovely! Thank you again for your efforts collecting this wonderful pack of portraits.

Nyinxie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Furry Discord Server
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2023, 12:20:25 PM »

Ooooo, Are there wickerbeasts in this pack?
I'm a Furry, and I have a calm Furry community, have a peek: https://discord.gg/6NXM3dAPhX

Katsumi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2023, 05:59:30 AM »

New version, new portraits. Removed AI-generated portraits due to both the plethora of community-provided portraits and a desire to support actual artists. Should be save-compatible, though removed portraits will show as a black square. Did some minor readjustment of factions to even out the portraits per faction. As always, you can download it from the first post.

Unfathomably based. Machine-gen'd art was the only misgiving I had about this pack after being exposed to how awful that sort of thing has been for artists. Makes me happy to see this change.

Furries r cool.

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2023, 09:39:43 PM »

Unfathomably based. Machine-gen'd art was the only misgiving I had about this pack after being exposed to how awful that sort of thing has been for artists. Makes me happy to see this change.

They were around for a bit before the most recent stuff with generated art. At the time it was more of a curiosity than something that threatened actual artists- the quality wasn't very good and it wasn't generic at all, it could just make random vague fox-dog-cat thing portraits, and about 90% of them were visibly messed up. It also wasn't able to copy specific styles. (It used a GAN, which is a fairly different technology than the most recent iteration of image generation.).

Ooooo, Are there wickerbeasts in this pack?
I don't know what those are, so I would guess the answer is no, but I haven't been asking what species portraits are either. You could probably download it and go through the files to find out.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7