Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Current patch makes tutorial unable to finish  (Read 1686 times)

SCARaw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Current patch makes tutorial unable to finish
« on: April 03, 2021, 03:31:44 PM »

i tried for over hour with this ***...
once player progress to the point of checking stupid asteroid ring to find ai core game is unfinishable!
i was live streaming doing my trials and i had read intel 1000 times
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/974363276
if you can't at least make it complete able at least allow the players to ignore tutorial and just progress without it once they started the game...

everything since i decided to give the game another chance goes to hell, this design is atrocious!

Slyve

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Current patch makes tutorial unable to finish
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 03:34:38 PM »

Worked fine for me. Tutorial played the same as it did in .91, except with some additions for some new features.

The AI Core is not in the asteroid ring, but in a ship some distance behind the ring and the gas giant of the system. Are your sure you looked in the right spot?

SCARaw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 06:28:24 AM »

i have tried my best 
clicked both AoE pulse waves everywhere within the ring and around both jump points
I WAS SOFTLOCKED IN TUTORIAL TO THE POINT OF NO SUPPLIES 
This should never be the case 
if i m doing something wrong game should
at least offer resupply within the tutorial
or communicate more clearly where i must use that thing
or allow me to skip tutorial and just continue without finishing
if not all of the above, tutorial should be designed to instruct the player 
just because you have no problems, that *** great, but i do and there is my report

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 11:57:02 AM »

Main rule of the tutorial - read everything and you will be fine.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 06:15:52 PM »

I was gonna suggest that all dialog text gets written to a log you can scroll back through, visual novel style, in case someone misses the explanation of the probe being past Pontus and how to find it. But turns out, it's already carefully duplicated in the intel:

(I still think this is a good idea in general though)

Anyway the probe is detectable with a sensor burst from right on Pontus, and even if it wasn't, continuing in a straight line from Ancyra through Pontus gets you there. So I'm unsure how you managed to mess this up. And if you did mess it up, nothing stopped you from loading your save.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 09:06:00 PM »

I watched the vod and you did not follow the clear and simple directions in the quest; go beyond Pontus to the asteroid belt, sensor ping to find the probe. You went to Pontus, got confused about what you were supposed to do, did not sensor ping, and turned around to go to the jump point to try and stabilize it. Once you were at the jump point, you realized you needed to find the probe, and started sensor pinging around the jump point and getting into fights with pirates. You went to the second jump point and pinged around there. Then you got really frustrated and saturation bombed the mining station, making the Hegemony hostile and probably softlocking you.

I'm not sure how the game could have better communicated what you're supposed to do, beyond putting the instructions in giant flashing letters in the middle of the screen. The only thing that needs to be changed is to prevent the player from sat-bombing worlds during the tutorial, so players really determined to softlock themselves can't.